got a prob need help plz

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

paulb69

Hi people just supercharged my 1uz got a prob with pinging and blow off valve not working dont know wat to do and who to contact about the matter really need some help.:feedback:

running a standerd ecu and a m90 blower off a v6 commodore running 8psi.
Would gapping in the plugs be a problem ?

There could be many reasons why its pinging, but probably running 8 psi with no intercooling and standard injectors wont be helping. If properly conected the standard ecu retards the spark timing when it detects pinging but from experience it can take up to a second or so but by then it could possibly do damage if you are reving hard. Make sure your using premium fuel. Have a look at your air fuel ratio from the exhaust. It could help by fitting a rising rate fuel reg and raising the base pressure up to 50 psi but make sure your fuel pump is up to the task. What is this motor in??

its in a 91 mx83 cressida already running that fuel reg at 50psi the motor is running rich and it pings not on full throttle. What is max psi with no cooler ? Its like the motor is not releasing the boost when i back off.

Where/how is the actuator for your bypass / BOV piped?

Is your bypass valve internal to the M90, (like the M112), or is it truly an external BOV? If external, where did you pipe its outlet?

If everything is piped right, I would try MW injection to cool the charge air temps down. Also, like Krayn said, make sure you're feeding it premium.

John

If your new to this forum, id suggest to do a search under m90 ect. There is a wealth on info on here once you start looking in the right places. I may bee wrong but I have a feeling that most people who have used a m90 type setup limit boost to arround 6 psi. There is pobably a good reason for this as pinging may bee an issue. You could try to fool the ecu to thinking the air temp is hotter by fitting a variable resistor to the appropiate circuit in the air flow meter. this may back the timing off a little. Just remember that these motors run up to 10.4:1 compression (depending on year) and with no intercooling the m90 would be working fairly hard and the harder it works the hotter the temp of the air discharged by the blower. This is why people wanting more power use a water to air intercooler. I know it sounds undoable, but the boost may bee a little high.
In reguards to the plugs, I have not come accross many forced induction setups altering plug gap. I cant see how this would induce early detonation tho. just my 2 cents

thanks for the great info guys i will look into these things and let u know how i go thanks again.

Some possibilities to pinging: timing is advanced, lean fuel, and hot intake temp. If you're sure the fuel is rich like you said, then get a ignition retard control such as from MSD. So you don't need to get an expensive piggy-back or standalone ECU. You don't need gapping the plugs, but you do need to use colder plugs. The best colder plugs that I've used are the cheap NGK V-power, which costs $2 U.S. All platinum plugs are really hot. 8 psi without intercooler might be possible but the above considerations should be taken. Post some pictures so we can see better.