Got a 5.7 3UR - what should I do with it?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

SuperRunner

So I picked up a 3UR with rod-knock and I am trying to figure out what to do to the motor itself.

I would like to be able to run 20psi, but my guess is the motor won't be able to handle that.

Should I see what the factory block can take, or should I upgrade some of the internals?

So I picked up a 3UR with rod-knock and I am trying to figure out what to do to the motor itself.

I would like to be able to run 20psi, but my guess is the motor won't be able to handle that.

Should I see what the factory block can take, or should I upgrade some of the internals?
20 psi with the 5.7 will net you somewhere in the 1000 whp range. :eek:

20 psi with the 5.7 will net you somewhere in the 1000 whp range. :eek:

Depending on how well the heads flow(I will flow them here pretty soon), 1000whp might be pushing it for 20psi. 25 maybe. I would say upper 800's, lower 900's. Would be fun, but who knows if the block will hold together.

To wide to fit in most cars. I just put in an '05 2UZ into a 91 FJ80 Landcruiser. I might do another landcruiser.

Could always build a sandrail, but I don't think I am ready for something like that for a few years. Plus that kind of power in a rail.....oh scary.

what did it cost you ?

Attachments

• Engine powder coat red.jpg
    Engine powder coat red.jpg
    397 KB · Views: 365
  • Engine powder coat yellow.jpg
    Engine powder coat yellow.jpg
    400.9 KB · Views: 348
  • Engine powder coat dark blue.jpg
    Engine powder coat dark blue.jpg
    403.1 KB · Views: 347
  • Engine powder coat green.jpg
    Engine powder coat green.jpg
    403.2 KB · Views: 334
  • Engine powder coat pink.jpg
    Engine powder coat pink.jpg
    400.8 KB · Views: 321
  • Engine powder coat light blue.jpg
    Engine powder coat light blue.jpg
    405.7 KB · Views: 315
  • Engine powder coat Purple.jpg
    Engine powder coat Purple.jpg
    400.8 KB · Views: 309
being a 2003, your tach probably works?(toyota made changes to tach signal starting in 2003 I think). I am having an issue trying to get a tach signal on my 2005 2uz. I have got an inductive tach adapter, but it is 1 single per cycle. Other than a motorcycle tach, I haven't been able to find a tach that can work on that signal. Most of them are 4 per cycle or more.

The tach will work. After i got it driving i have been tuning it and haven't hooked the tack or speed meter up. Its just a matter of looking on a diagram and finding what wire to tap into. I used two standalone ECU's. one for the engine and another one for the transmission.

I am using a LINK G4 extreme but it wasn't capable of doing the fly by wire throttle so my brother designed and made a circuit bored to control it. At this moment i dont have control of the vvti becouse i have to get a readiing off the cam sensor and send it to LINK to have them make the program for it. for the transmission i am using a PCS ECU it was nice i sent them my plugs off my transmission and they made up the wiring harness for the transmission I wasnt so lucky with the engine. i had to completely rewire it
no i never did a write up.

Last edited: