Gilmer Drives

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

gloverman

A few pictures of some Gilmer drive pulleys we have been working on. 5 pullies at the moment as this is the most common setup for conversions we do. This first set has been pre sold to a mate and have lots of others interested. Cheers

Attachments

• green sub 001.jpg
    green sub 001.jpg
    198.6 KB · Views: 58
  • green sub 002.jpg
    green sub 002.jpg
    194.3 KB · Views: 42
Last edited by a moderator:
They're going to handle some power.

Is this intended to run in conjunction with a supercharger or is it a "just because you can" which I think is more than enough reason to do it.

Just because we can at the moment and guys like the noise. They look really cool so far. This is the start. We hope to try and do them for the hydraulic pump and a/c next and maybe for superchargers later down the track. Hopefully sell a few like this first. Ill post more pictures in the next few weeks.

Kelvin, please add me to the list of interested's.

We are currently going a different way for my supercharger drive (keeping the stock serp setup and adding a dedicated Gilmer for the SC outboard from the stock), but I would be interested in this, as I'm not that thrilled with taking a big chunk of power off another unsupported pulley, further outboard from the stock dampener. That's just not good for either the front main bearing, nor the front seal. Plus it makes for a longer SC snout, and potentially more hood clearance problems.

Q's:

1) Can't tell from the photos but are you still using the stock dampener and just machined it to accept the cogged belt, or shrunk a cogged pulley over the dampener, etc.?

2) Are the other pulleys completely new?

3) What material are you using for the pulleys, and what would you guess their life would be?

4) When would you have an A/C pulley ready?

5) How many teeth on the main drive pulley?

p.s. Post up a video somewhere of the noise it makes!

Last edited:
Hello

Ok top idler , tensioner and alternator pulleys are all brand new with new bearings. Powersteer retains its centre due to spline - working on complete new on with spline cut but cost increases lots at the moment.
Crank pully keeps the standard dampener with the cogged pully overtop. Have considered going completely new there too but have to start somewhere and this is a common way of doing gilmours.
All are alluminium with steel guides. These all seem to last well.
One of the cars we work on has a supercharger gilmour in front of the standard pulley and its a pain. There is not much to attach it nicely and its heaps hanging out the front.
I have had some interest in a/c setups so might look into that on my one vehicle in the next few months. This would run the US spec fan idler first - with another option for the hydralic pump.

I will count the teeth on the lower pulley and get a video with noise.

Cheers

still on holiday
the pullys that needed to be modded.. are still away havig that done to them :D
over here ... engineers have long xmas holidays :D
some have only just started back at work this week

Wow, thanks for stepping up to the plate. Since it's oem modified, does this unit have some sort of vibration absorbing material included? I notice the stock one has small layers of rubber. How much for a crank+AC+PS+ALT+IDLER+fan plus shipping to the states?

yes still has the dampner in there so wont upset harmonic dynamics

as soon as there are finished to the required standered ill post up pricing .. we have no problems shipping to the states :D
cheers

wayne

I sense a group buy coming up :)

I could really use the main dampener and an alternator pulley right now. The others could follow later.

If I had those two pulleys, I could get my motor back on the dyno with the supercharger in a matter of weeks, instead of months.

Hey Kelvin, it's been nearly a month since you posted those teaser pics.
Are you still on holiday? Get to work man!

We want these pulleys! :)