Getting hot

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

fisho mick

Hi all just finished conversion on my surf seems to be getting bit to hot, has new water pump new 16" thermo fan & 3 core ally rad and hoses & thermostat so basicly everything is new,problem is it gets quite warm travelling down highway at 100 kph (100-110 degrees C)but sitting in traffic and travelling around 70-80 kph sit fine around 90 degrees using toyota coolant aswell. This is doing my head in as other people seem to have similer set up and dont seem to have the same issue.

fan is set up as a puller on engine side of rad was set to come on at 70 degrees but now have it running all the time still no difference,its using coolant too have looked over everything and cant find any leaks and no coolant smell and no milky oil.
Cheers

Is your radiator plumbed correctly ??

The INLET with the thermostat connects to the BOTTOM of the radiator.

Is the thermostat the correct bypass one ?

If the thermostat (when the engine warms up) is not shutting off the bypass, most of the coolant is rerturning through the block and NOT through the radiator.

Also ensure that the cooling system has been thoroughly bled of air. A large pocket can obstruct flow and also ensure that the radiator has a good shroud in place.

What bar work if any do you have on the front? I only experienced a similar issue when I fitted a nice big winch bar which managed to reduce the airflow at higher speeds (110k+) as the bar quite simply created a low pressure area in front of the radiator and slowed the flow of air thru said radiator, 5 mins with an angle grinder later and problem solved with no issues since... Cut some extra vent holes in the bar....

I ran a shroud around my 16 inch thermo and had the same problem heated up at high speed took it off and it was fine . If you dont have a shroud check air flow isnt obstructed in front of radiator. I have a landcruiser hzj two core ally radiator in my hilux hose fittings line up well does a great job.

Thanks for the replies fellas check thermostat all good think i may have sovled the problem(hard to say though weather bit cooler now) i removed spot lights and cut some holes in my bullbar now sits on about 94 degrees on the highway should know more going up north for a couple of weeks still bit warm up there atm ill see how she goes.