Fuel & temp gauges not working properly

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

fastegg

My fuel & temp gauges are working but wildly inaccurate... the digital speedo, tacho & digital fuel readout all good... Does anyone know if these can be fixed ?

Original engine.. original everything... I've wired up another water & oil temp gauge in the door pocket... but would be nice if the dash gauges worked properly.

Original engine.. original everything... I've wired up another water & oil temp gauge in the door pocket... but would be nice if the dash gauges worked properly.
Hi fastegg, given you have 2 gauges experiencing strange behaviour, that suggests they share a common ground return. I'd grab the wiring diagram out and trace the grounds from these gauges. Its possible you may have a corroded or bad ground connection somewhere. You can also ground the sender wire at the tank and at the CLT sensor and watch the gauge. They should either go max or min reading. Most CLT sensors range in resistance from about 2-5K over the temperature range. Tank senders are usually 0 ~ 300 Ohm mt to full or vise versa

OK... I'll try to look for a ground issue... Lately, sometimes, the speedo and tacho stop working... then next time I drive they start again... Years ago if I smacked the dash really hard they'd start... not this time... so yeah, I suspect it very well could be a bad connection... however the digital fuel readout has never missed a beat suggesting the sensor in the tank at least is working 100%..... must be something around the instruments themselves.... thanks man..

Bugger me... got in the car yesterday and everything just worked just fine... it's all come good... so I'm guessing there was a bad earth or dry connection somewhere.... No doubt about it.. the LS400 is the worlds first self repairing car... no need to take it to a dealer... just keep driving it and it fixes itself !!! Woo Hoo... :)