Fuel Return line

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

V8_IS200_marcus

Hi all,

I have a Q! for you lot, i have just fitted my return line to the fuel tank, but the only place i had room was about an 1" away from the intank pump! my next Q, is a bit stupid one, but i have to ask it as i have not done this before.....the electrical parts of the intank pump will get fuel on them if i keep the return where it is, do i need to move the return or will this be ok, as i know they only come on when i start the car up, then they turn of!

if i could get some help from any one that knows....that would be cool.

Thanks

it is ok and perfectly normal for the eletrical wires to get fuel on them.

im not sure what you mean about only on when you start the car, the pump runs the whole time the engine is running, or it wouldnt be running.

As Jake said.

The connectors for the fuel pump are not "fuel" proof, and run for the life of the car submerged in fuel, so no problems.

What you don't EVER want are dodgy electrical connections, above the fuel level, that could arc. For example, when you're connecting in a new fuel pump, you shouldn't use any type of quick connects or spades, only eye type connectors.

Arcing while submerged is one thing, but having fuel, air, and sparks together is a lethal combination.

IMO, of course.

Hi guys thanks for that, i am happy now :), as for the electric turning of........i was thinking the pump would run on its own once the pressure was there, thats why i said it turns of....how stupid do i fill lol

the pump in the tank is staying there, i have not replaced it i was just unsure if i could do it this way or not,

I understand what you are saying (cribbj) this is why i asked...if this would work, i have a pump to fit but not an intank pump.

but thanks for the help guys....

as all ways someone at hand to help.............:)