Fuel pump

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

azza118

im doing a conversion with a 1uz into my hilux 4wd. it was originaly desiel, ive heard of people running an external electric fuel pump via a serge tank to make it work as i want to use the same desiel tank. one guy inpaticular used a Holden VL 6cyl fuel pump and says it does the job. does the 1uz-fe motor have a return fuel line that pumps excess fuel back into the tank? or does the pump work off a voltage sent to increse/ decrese fuel pressure?

Azza,

I have the surge tank and VN external pump (no mounting bracket).

Pm me if you're interested and we may be able to work out a way to get it to you.

i love that conversion thats exactly what im geting my self into rite now. i see uve swaped the intake manifold back the front to compensate for the snorkle, any issues? the snorkle pipe is only about 40mm i think and the throttle body for the 1uz is around 80mm i think? is there enough air? whats the go? what happend to the air sensor that is just b4 the air box in the stock 1uz?

i need engine mounts for my conversion u said u make them? its a 97 hilux extracab 2.8 desiel it does have IFS. i have a 2inch body lift but would prefer the mounts if possible to also be used without a body lift. is there enough room for the firewall? any modifications to be done with that? the G4 storm ecu that u used for this conversion ive been priced at about $1200 AU for it? is it really worth it? to do my conversion i bought a front cut from a lexus soarer. can i just use that stock ecu? or does it go phyco trying to look for all the other parts that arnt going to be there e.g. traction controll, airbags etc?

Azza,

I have the surge tank and VN external pump (no mounting bracket).

Pm me if you're interested and we may be able to work out a way to get it to you.

how big is the surge tank? how big is the fittings on the pump and tank? does the pump pump enough? lol what do i need to run? or it doesnt really matter as i have a return line?

I prefer to do an internal pump in this situation. There is a photo on this thread http://www.lextreme.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10506&highlight=winch+truck We find it works really well when using standard motors. We make it fit into the standard tank on the sender unit. The 1uz has to run a return line which your diesel should have anyway. Keeps the pump in a safe place and they are quiet. Cheers

how much is that? any modifying? or it just bolts straight in to my 60l deisel tank?
thanks mate.

Hello

We have mounts for IFS hilux with and without body lift. I prefer with the bodylift as there is more clearance for sumps. We make a custom sump for the IFS vehicles. Fuel pump goes into the factory swirls pot with a small mod on the factory sender cradle. Not hard to do and works awesome. G4 definately worth it but check your complience rules on aftermarket ECUs. No air sensor needed with the G4 as it has a internal map senser. 40mm sounds way too small. I even feel our snorkel may be restricting airflow at full noise. Can use factory ECU without too many issues. Cheers

Attachments

• yea i'm rollin again.JPG
    yea i'm rollin again.JPG
    67.3 KB · Views: 165
thanks mate,
how much are the engine mounts and fuel pump? can i purchase them from u? im in sydney australia.
my 1uz motor has a rear sump so im hopeing that it will leave enough clearance for the steering. i want to get mounts that are to be used without a bodylift because then that will save me having to change the crossmember for the gearbox and leave me ample room for extractors. unless u make that conversion to? im useing a R151 gearbox instead of the G52. dose anything else need to be modified apart from the crossmember to use the 2 inch bodylift mounts? i have a 2 inch body lift with a 4 inch suspension lift. how much is a G4 worth? i will have to get it wired up and tuned to rite?

Attachments

• 1day later the hiding continues 3.jpg
    1day later the hiding continues 3.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 133
  • 144 wires of mahem.jpg
    144 wires of mahem.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 132
  • Ahh it didnt need that extra wires.jpg
    Ahh it didnt need that extra wires.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 130
  • bolts and brackets 2.jpg
    bolts and brackets 2.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 131
  • bolts and brackets.jpg
    bolts and brackets.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 128
  • hiding the loom.jpg
    hiding the loom.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 130
  • i think it went there.jpg
    i think it went there.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 130
yr in sydney and u dont know where to source pumps **** where have u been

piss easy to do

go buy a skyline r33 rb25det efi pump

pull yr fuel tank out and loook at the pick up hoses

then look at yr fuel pump
then think really hard on how u can fit it

reallhy if u know abit bout mechanics then u can do it

if u cant then pay someone shitloads of money to do the whole job for you

theres a million shops in sydney that can do it
most are crap so find a good place

to fit the 1uz u need
manaul conversion kit like bellhousing slave clutch flywheel

u need to mod the

hand brake
accel cable
radiator and hoses
themro fans
engine mounts
gb ox mounts maybe
tailshaft
wiring
exhaust
heater hoses
fuel system
clutch pedal and hydraulics if its orig an auto

there is prob mor eon the list but thats all i can think of at moment

Jim all the hilux we have seen have a very small sender hole ( maybe its the kiwi ones with the tight hole) no way of getting a R33 skyline pump in there. We go for the smaller pumps ourselves. PS those relays you sent me work awesome - cheers

the r33 pump is about 3 fingers wide fits only just
All you need is a hacksaw and a metal hose clamp took me 10 mins
I went thru big box of pumps at sss automotive till i found that one fits and i have no swirl pot and never get surging probs unless i have under 2 or 3 litres of fuel

Jim all the hilux we have seen have a very small sender hole ( maybe its the kiwi ones with the tight hole) no way of getting a R33 skyline pump in there. We go for the smaller pumps ourselves. PS those relays you sent me work awesome - cheers

Hi, my Surf (4Runner)was originally a 2.4 turbo diesel (LN130) and I used the fuel pump Sideshow is talking about. (Walbro) It's a tight fit 'cos you have to lower to pump in at an angle and then connect the hose if I remember correctly. The tank has a swirl pot and baffles already inside.

sideshow, yer mate know all of that im just having a real hard time getting mounts for it as i cant be botherd to fabricate my own. and when glovermans said he sells them i was inquireing about the pump to as ive heard u have to run a swirl pot externaly and a fuel pump into the pot then out of it so much easier to just use the set up that gloverman makes. but now that i know the desiel tank has a swirl pot inside its a simple job just to hook up a fuel pump so thanks for that.

So a R33 pump works fine dose it? i think my line is 5/16 is thats whats on the r33 pump? i know a holden VL pump is and i was told that thats the go for the pump.

Gloverman how much for mounts??$$$$$$$$
by the way were talking external pump rite?

Hello Mounts are $325NZ at the moment. Around $50nz for freight from memory. We are sending a few to australia now. You guys must get a different fuel tank from us , you lucky buggers being able to fit the big fuel pumps , opens up so many options. Cheers

the hole for the fuel pipes is very small

i cant see there being a difference from u to us

hole is like 10 cm diameter or touch less

and the r33 pump is tiny compared to an s13 or evo or r32

but it has not let me down for 5 years

sweet well ill be useing that for mine then, are there any variables in the fuel pumps on the r33s? like the gtr or gts model or yr model or r they all the same? what r33 exactly? did u have any troubles with the wireing i just pulled the 1uz out of my front cut today and the loom weighs about 15kgs lol. did u use the stock comp or get an aftermarket ecu like glovermans conversions?

gys, the mounts. if im making my own mounts getting the motor level side to side is just getting the top of the block parallel the the rails rite? what about front and rear level of the motor? what do u go off? whats level exactly? or are u govened by the transmision mounts. as i dont have a bellhouseing yet and need to get the motor in and tranny then measure the bellhouseing. also im planning to use the fan off the 1uz onto my 2.8 desiel radiator as it runs off the motor with oil. the radiator is big enough ive heard? wil the fan be ok u think or do i go electirc?
how do they fit in? is it a tight fit between the firewall?