For those with twin turbo 1UZ's

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

4000GT

1. What turbos did you use?
2. What are the boost charasteristics of them?
3. What plenum design are you running?
4. How and where have you routed the exhaust pipes?
5. What power and what boost on stock internals?

Cheers!

PS Pics are better :)

Can't help you yet but interested in what you are up to. Anything to do with a Porsche?

Just asking as I'm putting a 1UZ into a 944.

Actually if you still have the 944 with engine in situ I'd appreciate you taking a couple of measurements for me?

My 944 engine has gone and I should have taken the distance of the crank centre line to the top of the alloy cross member. It's a bit awkward to measure as you would have to measure from underneath and go from the centre of the pulley down and then use a spirit level across from the top of the member.

If you could I'd appreciate it. Cheers
Mark

Lots of guys running v8's in 944 in the US, 100% of them are complete assholes with chips on their shoulders in the several I have come across.

I havent seen a 1UZ in one though, should be interesting! And I hope you are not cutting up a turbo version! lol

I have sold it sorry, no longer in the same island so cant even visit it! I think you have plenty of room in there for an NA version though :)

I was thinking of using KKK 26/6 or /8 actually, used them for a while on my Porsche, but getting old now. I want dual plenums I think :) much more cool...

Do you have some pics you can post or link me to? I need to see your routing of the pipes and turbo placement!

I use K26 turbine/ K27 compressor

Dude, 400rwkw is cool :)

Should be pics floating around here not to mention the web in general. Turbos are low mount and pretty central between mid 2 cyls....Engine is in a GT4 celica so not much help unless you have one of those ;)

1. What turbos did you use?
My ride is not done yet, but I will be using two T3 60-1 with .63 A/R

2. What are the boost charasteristics of them?
I have a friend with it on his MR2 (2.2 Liter) and got 379 rwhp with 11 psi. He stated with two should make over 1000 rwhp at around 25 psi

3. What plenum design are you running?
Stock

4. How and where have you routed the exhaust pipes?
Between the engine and the frame. Pretty much same as the stock

5. What power and what boost on stock internals?
Don't have that data for you. My engine will be fully build with 4.7 Liter block.
attachment.php

I should have the first manifold done in few weeks.

Dave it looks excellent.

However can I suggest something.

If you spin each of the blowers through 180 degrees along the horizontal axis then you can have the air inputs facing the sides of the engine bay allowing you to easily duct cool air in from the front and sides.

The additional benefit is the exhaust outlets will face each other so you can do a nice y section there going down under the engine (and around the sump if ground clearance a problem). You can keep the exhaust efficient, compact and heat wrap it easily.

What do you think?

M

Skid,

The headers was made within the SC400 limit (30") I can not flip the turbos around and face opposite direction. Secondly, I didn't to relocate the battery eithter. So, as of right now, I think I have to stick with the current configuration.

Attachments

• DSCN0768.jpg
    DSCN0768.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 1
So you couldn't get there with a K27? Surprising as it's a big compressor, i understood it to be around a Garrett GT30 ? There's definitely more left in mine, 17psi is barely getting started.

Mine are genuine KKK, flange is slightly different to a T3