Flywheel

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

tsirovy

I am in real need to know more information about my flywheel. I installed my ls400 1uzfe flywheel on a new sc400 1uzfe. First I removed the flywheel from the ls engine and directly bolted to sc engine with 8 bolt plate on outer side of flywheel.----after doing this I went back to my ls engine where I saw an extra plate *thicker plate* that was sitting behind the flywheel originally on the ls engine between the flywheel and crankshaft. So I figured that this was needed between the crank and flywheel on the sc engine. I unbolted the plate and flywheel on the sc and reinstalled as follows. 8 bolt 'thicker inner' plate--Flywheel-- 8 bolt 'thinner outter' plate.

So why I am asking is to know if this was right and because after installing my engine when I attempt to accelerate in reverse or forward it is very hesitant and sluggish. Almost like something isnt moving freely. I can punch my accelerator and get very very little response from the engine when in gear. But when I am in park or neutral i get a minimally slower response with eventual full range power.

btw. when I installed the engine I first bolted the engine to the tranny housing-- afterward--then bolted the flywheel to the torque converter. When I was rebolting the flywheel to the converter it was very strange like it was lopsided until all six or w.e. amount of bolts were tightened.. then it seemed flush with the flywheel. more importantly the torque converter was tight against the flywheel when I was trying to align the holes for the bolts and I dont think that was right.. Sorry for the lengthy note but i am confused.

Timing Belt Marks

I almost forgot- Considering I have been working on and replacing my old timing belt on my new engine.. I kind of figure that could be why my car is sluggish and perhaps my flywheel and torque converter are fine. The damned thing is I only have the markings for each of my camshaft marks. Just before the last timing adjustment I had the crank white line and the timing was way off. I took it off to adjust it and it wasnt there so I split the difference in number of teeth from each camshaft marking. I came up with a split difference of 77 teeth from each cam mark so I used the 78th tooth to align the belt. Can anyone confirm the number of teeth from cam mark to crank mark? Surely someone has done this?

Jesus Christ!

:zx11pissed: Nevermind. Four plugs not firing! The 1uz is amazingly smooth for just running on 4 cylinders:squint: . Anyway its not firing from the drivers side distributor. timing is perfect and the spacer is likely suppose to be there i assume.

Attachments

• descript.pdf
    29.5 KB · Views: 57
  • electron.pdf
    74.7 KB · Views: 40
No post in which you learn something, and perhaps leave useful information behind is a waste.

Youve got the order of parts right for the flexplate and you've also reinforced how smooth the UZ on only 4 cylinders.

The reason it is so smooth is each distributor runs 2 pots on each side of the engine. It therefore will idle fine (like a V4) but won't give full power.