Flywheel size?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

eddie

steveb said:
Hi

No need to use the 1UZ ring gear, the 3SGTE one will work. You can remove it and reverse it, or grind a "lead in" on the other side of thge teeth. Its an easy job with a small grinder.

Cheers

Steve B
what do u meen by grind a "lead in"?????
eddie

3SGTE Flywheel is the way to go

Yup, get yourself a 3SGTE flywheel and redrill it, just make sure that you get some longer bolts as the ones off the original flex plate are too short.

When I did mine, I reversed the ring gear, but realised after that the lead in will be on the wrong side of each 'tooth' as the 3SGTE turned CCW wrt the starter motor and the 1UZ turned CW (The 3SGTE has the starter motor gearbox side of the flywheel whilst the 1UZ has it motor side)

FYI: 'Lead in' refers to the beveled edge on each tooth that allows a little 'slop' for the appendix gear to run in and out without binding - usually on a 30-45deg angle - well that's my understanding anyway

I will measure my flywheel up tonight as it the beast still isn't in my ute yet, and post some pics over the next few days.

Muzza

I thought the MkIV uses a pull type of pressure plate that would require a funky, backwards release arm/linkeage.
Is this correct?

FWIW, I have both SupraTT and 1UZ flywheel, and the SupraTT FW is slightly smaller. I am going to pull the ring gear of the 1UZ FW, the grind down the teeth on the SupraTT FW (on a lathe), then weld on the 1UZ ring gear to the SupraTT FW. Also, I'll have to drill 8 new holes so it will bolt to the crank.

I have not decided what to do about bolting up the V160. I was thinking of either milling the V160 bellhousing flange down 1/4" then using a 1/4" mild steel adapter plate, or picking up a A340 and making a hybrid bellhousing, 1/2 from the V160 and 1/2 from the A340.