flywheel confusion (w58 conversion)

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

the ghoul

Im currently collecting info on a 1uz swap into my supra and im stuck at the moment. I currently have two w58 flywheels as well as a new w58 stage 2 clutch setup. My orrigional plan was to plug weld the holes on the flywheels and re-drill them with the 1uz pattern, but have recently learned that the w58 flywheel may not have the proper starter ring.... so this has got me re-looking at the situation.

can some one please lay out the options for me on flywheels...
I see phill and a few others make them, but i cant find any info on what pressure plates and clutch discs they use.
I also have seen people using the 1uz flex plate sandwiched under a flywheel (that has a smaller diameter so that the starter ring on the flywheel doesn’t contact)
I see the bad reputation for the 3sgte re-drilled flywheels coming apart.

Basically what i want to know is;
#1 if i get the w58 flywheel plug welded and re-drilled will i need to use the flex plate sandwich approach?
#2 who makes the safest flywheel that uses an off the shelf pressure plate and clutch disc? what pressure plate and what clutch disc?
#3 is there any safer DIY alternatives than the 3sget re-drill?

I swear ive searched like crazy and have not found any solid info. I just keep getting lost in a haze of confusion...

Millions of options hence the confusion.

Don't bother welding a flywheel and re drilling it's too dangerous.
Plenty of custom made options depending on what power you want to make.

If your running a W58 I would suggest a steel flywheel and 10" hilux clutch with a cushion button ceramic disk will do the job.

Check out the CRS Website and send tham an email with your question.

They'll let you know what they can supply plus prices and shipping costs.

One option is to order a flywheel that isn't drilled for any clutch plate them have it doen by a machine shop in your home town. This would cost more than having the flywheel made to suit your application.

I had a flywheel made to suit a Nissan Patrol clutch Which is around 11" diameter and it had a 1UZ ring gear pattern machined into the flywheel. Works a treat and cost me $650.00 Australian.

Google should find you around 10 people/organisations in Australia and NZ making them.