fitting a T56 ?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

xlr8_07

So i have hit a brick wall, i was running a w55 and poped it and had located and ordered a w58 from empire imports, he sent me a w57 and is dicking me round , how ever i have since decided that w58 wont be enough if im going twin turbo. so its TRY and find a r154 or maybe use a t56

what i want to know is , with all the flashy/shiny crap aside whats required to fit a t56 to a lexus ? and will it be stong enough ?

thanks guys, Brendon

W58 won't handle the V8 torque past 300 rwtq. R154 is known to break on the Supra at around 550 rwhp, which is around 400 rwtq. However, the Supra has very low torque number, so you must take that into consideration. There're some companies in the U.S. that have the hi-performance tranny rebuild kit. Perhaps you can look into them.

tbh i havnt an idea on power, but i will be running twin vf24's with 12psi of boost, and have got rx7 injectors, and ross pistons that have been skimmed, so what ever i end up with i guess haha

Has anyone built the T 56 bellhousing yet? I built some for th 4G63 Mitubishi's earlier and I didt think there was a need for it with the R 154's available.
T56bellhousing098.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
hi bill, take it you had a look over my email :p.

there was one guy toying with the ideaof making them from billet on here but it dosnt appeer to have eventuated ?? but im sure that if they were available many people would go down this route.

only thing would be getting them to suite input shaft lengths .... maybe built to suite shortest then fit spacer plates ?

Castlemaine rod shop do have bellhousing for the tko which is sort off the same as the t56 boxes

but you will need to check the input shaft lengths to make sure you get the correct bellhousing to suit the box

bh106d

toyota v8

ford s/r, t/l + tko

$515

bh106c

toyota v8

gm muncie saginaw t10 + tko

$515

Last edited by a moderator:
only thing similar is the manufacturer :p, massivley different bolt paterns, it has a one inch longer input the then std t56 ( ecept the dodge one ) unless you get a short shaft one which is 6.5" too.

preference, if adaptors were so great then no body would bother spending 2-3 times the price on bellhousings to wit w and r series boxes would they ? just my 2 cents :D

preference, if adaptors were so great then no body would bother spending 2-3 times the price on bellhousings to wit w and r series boxes would they ? just my 2 cents :D

not all of us are rich thats why we use adapter plates for us poor folk its a much cheaper route.... i would love to see one made though it would open up options for alot of people.

brand new 650ftlb rated tr-6060, tr 56's are actully raited twice as high as v160/161, they can take up to 700ftlbs standard. and with my 4.1 diff the double over dive will be fantastic (that 3k nzd )

Granted an adaptor plate is cheaper than a cast bellhousing, but thats only one part of it.

The bellhousings are usually of average quality, where as the adaptor plate utilises a factory auto bellhousing.

The adaptor plate setup requires either modifying the autobellhousing to suit a clutch fork setup (which is way beyond what most people can do) or requires a hydraulic release bearing ($$$) making it no cheaper than an aftermarket bellhousing.

There are points for and against both ways

But IMO the main reason why there are so many people running with aftermarket bellhousings is because the adaptor plates have only just become easily available (ie, in the last 6 months), where as the bellhousings have been available for almost 10 years.

contact Neil at Rush imports he has a full kit with a twinplate for T56.
Has someone used this kit yet I came across the thread about someone making a billet bell hose I am very interested I have two projects for the t56 trans one in a 1995 Toyota celusior and a different project I have fitted the 1UZ-FE already not running yet no trans I hate automatic transmission and a small Sparta car with an auto trans just sucke I have a 1984 Toyota celica GTS body that I am putting the motor in it is very tight building a IRS for the rear and a very reinforced front suspension I am thinking about trying to keep the exhaust very quiet as most knew those cars were not fast at all unless it was a Supra and they are not fast in today’s standard. I just join today will update my profile but I gave a few wild cars even a hellcat powered roadrunner tribute cart car started life as a 318 powered satellite I got it as a rolling chassis it pushing 900 whp and gas the trenec t56 6Speed it still in the works as Graveyard cars is doing the major fab wiotk enough with that but I am thinking close to 490 for the celiaca it will have lots of under side reinforcements it’ll only be a two seater when I’m done as I have a roll cage and everything inside of it it’s a tiny little car but I’m not small so backsplash is gone more in the back when it’s done I’ll post to pictures at seven decide if I’m gonna go stand alone with the jam stuff or have to completely retire in my s the ate it only has to pass a stuck up it butt