first time at the track!

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

erik.wyatt1

i took my 91 ls400 to the track the other night...no mods except pulled the air filter and a high flow cats and borla mufflers. i lined up with a stage 3 roush mustang, the early 2000 models. i had checked out the car earlier in the pits and knew this was bad, i knew he was gonna slaughter me, but i didnt care, i was just working on my r/ts. so we launch, i get my best r/t yet at a .002. i know, i never got anything close to it again, its was total luck, but anyway, i smoke this mustang! my 15.8 to his 16.02!

so we're waiting in the pits again, and i knew this guy was a shitty driver or something when we come around to race again and i had a 15.81 to a 15.98 he pulled. so beyond that pretty blower and all the sexy roush emblems i figured i misjudged the car. well we're in the pits again, and he comes up to me, wants to put 200 dollars on the next race!

i should have seen the hustle coming, but heres the kicker...his chick comes and tells me he runs 11.2s with nos...she told me he was getting ready to hustle my ass and ALSO that if i ever want to get with her sometime she was breaking up with him that night. she told me how much she liked the lex, gave me a number, and walked off. the next time i ran i was up on a cobalt ss...wooped his ass and then went home. overall, it was quite an experience for the first time at the track!!

yes sir...thats why i say total luck there...for someone like me that has to be...im no where experienced enough to get anywhere near a perfect launch off the tree

What was your overall RT? Did u run more then once? Normal RT is .500 second. Specifically Movement Time. Reaction Time can not be measure... However, the public use it as RT but more specifically it should be MT.

what would overall r/t be under?
heres the order top to bottom i have on the slips
r/t
60'
1/8th
mph
1/4
mph

i read the article on drag racing, when you say "Almost all tracks add in the .500 between the last yellow and the green" would this mean my overall r/t is .502?

Reaction time has no affect on your elapsed time(ET), it is just the measurment of time from when the light goes green to when the staged light beam is unbroken by your front wheel leaving it, this also what starts the timer.
In AUS , some tracks use .400 others use .000 to measure reaction time.
Reaction times only come into it when you are bracket racing.
Theres a lot of things that affect reaction times like how deep you stage,front tyre diameter,how responsive you car is & of course how quick & consistant the driver is just to list a few.
Hope this makes sense and helps