First LS400 purchase w/questions.

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

sjohnson

Hello LE!

I recently purchased a 96 ls400 with 46k miles on it with a very clean engine (pics to come soon). I got home and started searching for any forums that are dedicated to my car and ones simliar alas here I am :D

So the ls came with a 1UZ-FE about as stock as it gets but very clean. I was actually taken back a bit by how clean the engine was (its a 16yr old car!). Anyways, this is my first Lexus and I have been loving it. There are somethings needing fixing but overall its a pretty neat car.

So now bring on the nooob questions:

1. The car does not seem as responsive as I thought a V8 with this much horsepower would be. I read on another forum about the coolant temp sensor so I will have a mechanic change that out for me. Anything else that could cause this?

2. Is the BFI intake still the better method for air induction on this engine? I do not know how to make one but I can ask my mechanic to put it together.

3. I want to add as much horsepower to this as I can but I do not want to do engine rebuilds or anything like that. I would like to keep as much of this as stock as possible. I would love to add a turbo but there are so many options its very overwhelming. I will be using this car as a daily driver but want to get everything out of the stock system as I can.

4. I would be willing to add a new exhaust and headers but I cannot find headers anywhere. I also have no idea what makes a good exhaust...Any recommendations?

I am excited to be on the forums and am pumped to get started on this (very) modest project. There seems to be a plethora of knowledge here and am excited to try and learn all I can.

pics

Side shot -

front -

engine -

front interior -

Dash -

The battery was recently replaced and was told the mechanic did not hook up the wireing correctly which is why the check engine light is on. I tend to believe that because that happened to me 3 different times in the states. I will have someone look at it tomorrow and see what they think.

More simple...I am trying to pump out as much HP as I can from this engine and this car without doing anything other then adding turbo or SC. The more I read the more I am opening up to the idea of a SC...