Faulty AFM??

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

bundymonkey

I have a 1UZ in a SWB Landcruiser which was wired by sideshow

Over the past few months I have noticed the motor develop a bit of a miss and have been searching for the problem since(it also has a strong fuel smell. I have since changed plugs, leads, swapped ignition modules for some spare ones and searched through the loom looking for any dodgy wires to no avail. On the way home last night it got even worse....upon acceleration nothing happens and it feels like it is about to run out of fuel yet with no load on the motor it revs freely....which makes it hard to test with head under the bonnet.

So my question is could it be the Air Flow Meter on its way out or am i looking in the wrong spot

Thanks in advance

All lines are new as they were replace when the conversion was done less than 12 months ago and recently checked and all fine......the pumps were both new and the hi flow is a Bosch

unplug air flow meter and try rev engine

it should rev sort of ok then hit a rev limit about 2500 or 3000 it will piss and fart

then plug air flow meter and see if it revs ok

this usually means the air flow is working not sur eif it means its ok

there is a blue with red trace wire i think on the air flow

check to see it has 5 volts when ign is on

what are the chances of bringing car to brisbane not this weekend but the next

im driving up to brissy from thurs to mon

since its a short trip and im with the wife i cant drive up to where the car is

i can bring up my spare crown ecu and also bring the air flow from my car

since it will be left at home

unplug air flow meter and try rev engine

it should rev sort of ok then hit a rev limit about 2500 or 3000 it will piss and fart

then plug air flow meter and see if it revs ok

this usually means the air flow is working not sur eif it means its ok

there is a blue with red trace wire i think on the air flow

check to see it has 5 volts when ign is on

what are the chances of bringing car to brisbane not this weekend but the next

im driving up to brissy from thurs to mon

since its a short trip and im with the wife i cant drive up to where the car is

i can bring up my spare crown ecu and also bring the air flow from my car

since it will be left at home

Thanks heaps for the feedback mate

I will check these later tonight when i get home but it is basically ding the above upto about 3200rpm then its ok. but it is fine when cold it only does it once warm. Once it is warm you can hear the High Pressure fuel pump sucking for fuel. (there is a Low pressure feeding a surge tank where the HP pump feeds from

And I have access to a ECU and AFM that I will try over the weekend if they dont work/change what it is doing I will deffinately get it to you in Brissy next weekend

Cheers

Andrew