iacv faulty??

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

zen

...1uzfe gen 2 1995..with the SEALED iacv..ie cant strip it and clean it...

engine in old range rover..gearbox manual..

cold start up fine,idles down fine once hot..town driving all fine..tick over good...
but on a run of any sort,ie dont go onto idle often ,the tick over will drop to stall speed (once one stops,say at traffic lights..)..it will very slowly pull itself up, and then be fine in traffic but you have another run again and same stall at idle....

just about to go check for codes and that tps is set ok and working,ecu wired fine..(using a/c ecu input to control idle speed when switching on all the lights..(it has lots!))

odds on iacv? cant clean it and cost £££ here new...(so dont want to replace to find ok..)

My uz is doing something similar. Fires up fine but idle drops to 200rpm and stalls eventually. Im off to clean my iacv rite now. I pulled my EGR system last night and found the purge pipe was crusted completely shut, so my thinking is maybe its just worked its way throughout the entire manifold. I am also thinking it could be a mis adjusted tps because if i raise the throttle, it still cuts out until warm. Plugs + ignition are 100% brand new.

well no fault codes...(other than sub o2's,but since they not there.....)

tps seems to be correct and working,(correct voltages etc)

ignition as yours as new and a1...mine gets worse as temp increases.....ecu temp sender playing up..??

or just the iacv sticking....the idle just seems to drop as temp increases...hmmm, but again it creeps back up to normal in traffic and is fine till a run..now if i read the toyota diagrams right it shuts the iacv off once off idle,now if it also fully closes it off idle then it could just be sticking shut...?

would just swap it out with the spare i have, but since the spare is off a mk1 and wired differently (not a problem) but more importantly the windings are half the resistance of mine (20 ohm not 40) i am not keen on using it..