Supercharged 1UZ, delete PCV and IACV connections

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

bruce

Hi guys & gals,
This is a much asked question which I read many different answers.
I have a 1UZ supercharged running Autronic. I'd like to simplify my intake pipe by deleting the connectors for the passenger side PCV (drivers is plumbed into charger inlet) and the IACV. Replace both with small airfilters on the end of each line. I want to avoid having a catch can.
Will there be any negative effects? PCV mod will mean less oily air entering intake. IACV, will that air not being recirculated affect idle, etc?
Pictures attached of what I'm looking at.
Thanks

Last edited:
IMG_20220925_145855_resized_20220925_032014539.jpg
IMG_20220925_145910_resized_20220925_032013518.jpgTop pic, IACV and PCV vent I want to put small air filters on.
Two lines at the bottom which went into my air intake (before filter).

Last edited:
BTW, inside intake and TV have zero trace of oil, thus I see no need for a catch can.

Hi Bruce, My story maybe of interest to you. I've gone through a number of iterations experimenting with the best way to setup breathers on my blown 1UZ. Initially I starting with a M112 having the intake on the RHS and then fitting an M122 which has the intake on the LHS. See pic. Just recently I scrapped my catch can setup. The catch can was my idea of keeping those HP sucking fumes out of the engine but in reality didn't work out so well. I also modified both rocker covers to move the breathers so the plumbing routed nicely and in doing so removed the baffle plates from the underside of the rocker covers. This turned out to be a big mistake as I didn't realize how much oil the baffle plates shield from the breathers. Without the baffles in place no matter what sort of shield or baffle I placed around / in front of the breathers, I couldn't stop oil being thrown into the catch can and found the thing always smelt of oil fumes. Now I have fitted the baffles back and vent both breathers (no PCV valve) into the air box and find it works really well. The airbox picks up cool air from a bonnet scoop just above it and sucks in any crankcase fumes from the airbox. I also run sensors in the airbox and log the pressure, temp & humidity. So far not found it to go positive pressure so the crankcase is effectively venting to atmosphere. It seems to be woking well however I'm likely to tinker more at some point. A thing to note. a blown engine will generate more crankcase pressure and fumes than an NA engine due to higher cylinder pressures created from boost.

That's very interesting. Let me read that a few times.
I'm thinking maybe the only negative for me would be oil fumes, but there was no trace of oil in my inlet.
Thanks for your response.