Fabrication work from a Twin-Turbo 4.6L DOHC 32-valve engine full tube drag car!

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

FoPar

was chatting with tuf_lux and XR8tt and they were saying maybe throw up some of the fab work that i have had done on my full tube chassis. the engine is not a Lexus/Toyota but it's still a nu skool 32-valve 4.6L Ford modular which i am twin turboing, it has 2 x Garrett GT42R's, we are chasing around 17-1800hp with it. if ur interested in the build u can see it all herehttp://fullboost.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=8160
all the fabrication work was done by GrooveRyder Fabrications http://www.grooveryder.com.auhe has worked on some tough cars, Gas Motorsports 2JZ Celica and Mr Mad's twin turbo Torana

we started with the engine mounting, when it comes to everything Groovy (JAmes) is a bit of a perfectionist and goes to overkill, we went with a 14mm mid plate which is pretty much twice as thick as u would see being used. we did do a bit of playing around to get it all sorted at the front, but we found places to fit everything. the alternator went where the factory A/C goes as it wouldn't fit in the factory spot because of the intake manifold, and we cut out some of the timing cover to get the vacuum pump on.

006-1.jpg

005-1.jpg

011.jpg

004.jpg

the turbo's are mounted to the actual chassis instead of the engine, provides alot more support
009-2.jpg

Last edited:
the intake manifold, all i can say is WOW inside and outside is immaculate, probably a bit unusual to see its a bottom entry intake, air comes in from the bottom and flows to the top, each runner flows the exact same cfm
IMG_5254.jpg

exhaust manifolds
002-1.jpg

003-1.jpg

we went with a 4'' dump pipe and the wastegate pipe dumps out beside it, i think it looks pretty good
004-2.jpg

003-2.jpg

002-2.jpg

001-2.jpg

now we had a few other issues with the chassis
i bought it as an unfinished project, because drag cars are built around the owner we had to do alot of mods because im 6'3'' 120+kg and the previous owner was like 5'6'' 70kg, so we had to set the seat back further and make the funny car cage larger

014-1.jpg

015-1.jpg

the chassis was only setup to run low 8's but i am chasing mid 6's so u can imagine we had a bit of work to do, Groovy added over 60 bars into the car for triangulation. if it had a big wheelbase like a normal car 108+'' mine is only 98'' i would be confident it would be able to run a 5-second pass.

sway bar
026.jpg

009-11.jpg

Groovy even done me a souped up oil sump with gates etc everything to control flow
004-11.jpg

R2D2 found a new home, this is the catch can if i remember correctly was around 7L's everything dumps into it. engine oil, water, tranny oil the overflow is set behind the tyres just incase it fills up all the way it releases out onto the track and away from my tyres
010-14.jpg
009-13.jpg

Last edited:
Did you rob a bank?

Glad you're paying for it and not me.

Amazing effort and you deserve to run some nice numbers.

You should ahve asked me to drive. I'm 5'6" and under 70kg. I could have saved you some money.

Might have been a slower car, but hey you'd have spent less!

Did you rob a bank?

Glad you're paying for it and not me.

Amazing effort and you deserve to run some nice numbers.

You should ahve asked me to drive. I'm 5'6" and under 70kg. I could have saved you some money.

Might have been a slower car, but hey you'd have spent less!

thanks guys, will keep posted.

:p no banks were robbed, it was cheaper than u would think.

amazing craftmanship. I really like how you made the underside of the car totally flush. Im sure your going to get some insane times at the track. Whats are you aiming for?

So what will happen to the Ford Capri once this is up and running ??? Real nice build here guys..

thanks mate.

will still be raced and modified in the next few months we are chasing 7's with it. we are looking at a few other projects also. there is 3 of us i have the 4.6L, Joe has the Capri and my other brother John has a soon to be 7-sec 2JZ KE70 Wagon, has run a best of 8.06@174 on its first pass on E85.