External fuel pump..

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Big

As title says..just been down to repco and they say that all is needed is a flow rate of up to 1.8 liters per minute @200 kpa maxing at 550 kpa..
Does this mean that i can get any external fuel pump higher then these ratings and just plug in..? what i wouldn't mind if someone can tell me is.. do I need to run a surge tank..as the fuel system i have just has inlet and outlet with sender i'm guessing (havin't dropped the tank yet) to, My theory is I use a ext fuel pump with a fuel pump flow regulator.. to keep the pressure at the appropriate psi leassoning the chance of air in the fuel also making this a simple setup.(without a surge tank).:feedback: OR do i really have to run a surge tank having then to have a high pressure fuel pump and a low pressure fuel pump etc etc...HELP..:guilty:
Thanks in advance..K

we normally use a bosch 0 580 464 070 but the problem with these is they are not designed to suck. we mount them low and have not had one fail yet. External pumps are noisey and mounting low makes a chance of rocks an sticks hitting it in your vehicle. The best ones we have done is remove the tank, clean it and weld in a internal pump out of another tank. Works really well , no need for surge tanks and keeps the pump safe and quiet. This is my prefered method if the customer want to pay for it as some time is involved. We always go internal on our own vehicles. Cheers

I was thinking of trying to get a 80 series petrol landcruiser petrol tank..but finding one might be the problem..as the cu of the 4.5 sixer should be ok for the 8..

Ive just completed a fuel setup on a turbo soarer that we are doing.
I've a got a walbro intank which feeds a 5L surge tank in the boot with two bosch 044 external pumps running off that.
There are three outlets on the underside of the factory fuel tank, just block off the one which is all alone and use the other two if you are going to run a surge tank.
You should also run relays and fuses for the pumps.

Cheers

With a surge tank,do you need to have the surge tank close to the fuel tank? or can this be anywhere essentially vertical and allowing the fuel pump to reticulate to the surge..?as in..LOL

Fuel tank = >
low pressure fuel pump =>
surge tank => also returns to fuel tank
high pressure fuel pump => from surge to
lex mota => surge tank..also returning to fuel tank

hope that made sense..LOL but basiclly is this correct for a surge tank setup..?

I swapped a V6 Surf tank into mine and it runs the 1UZ fine without a surge tank or anything else.

Nice and quiet as well. It originally had a bosch mounted in the engine bay but it was very noisy and didn't like the fuel level getting below a quarter.

Easiest option would be to fit a later model tank with in tank pump.

Matt.

a surge tank can be any where as long as it is vertical. If it is inside the vehicle it has to be completely sealed from the passenger compartment for cert. Cheers