exhaust help

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

nathan

from reading this section, here is what i have come up with, i want to know if it will work:

due to space i dont think i will be able to fit any extractors into my 1UZ hilux, so:

out of the headers into a 2 inch pipe,

then to 2 inch cats either side

into an X pipe and out with 2.5 inch pipe

into mufflers of some description, 2.5 inch in and 2.5 inch out

i have very little space under my ute, and everything must sit higher than the chassis rails, or it will drag the road, as the chassis does this with the adjustable suspension, so i think 2.5 inch pipe is really pushing my limits

will this system make a nice sound, and will i lose any power from the stock motor, that is the last thing i want to do, failing this system can someone point me in a better direction, maybe instead of the X pipe make it a Y pipe, with a single out from there

any help is great

cheers
nathan

I used 2inch pipe from the headers to maintain velocity. I would not go any bigger than that. I had to put the cats to the rear of the transmission and was unable to use equal length pipes into a y so I installed my own custom built terminator box to compensate for this.I also installed a balance pipe close to the headers. My exhaust then runs into a single 3inch system with a large straight through muffler and ss hotdog. 2 1/2 inch single system may be a bit borderline. This setup does not make a noisy exhaust despite having only straight through mufflers.
The standard system installed by the manufacturer works reasonably well .
I would reccomend you keep the pipes EQUAL LENGTH up to the y or x whichever you choose . I would consider one 3 inch pipe after the merge to be sufficient. See my other posts for pics etc. J Brady gives good advice look at his posts as well.

can i make the Y merge as far back from the headers as i need to, or is it better to be closer to the headers?

thanks for the info

You need a bit of length to maintain momentum of the gases . The standard system is a good guide and I think a shorter length would be detrimental to performance so keep the merge to the rear of the transmission.