Engine immobilizer swap?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

msmile

Hi guys!

I have 1UZ VVTi engine and havent got the immobilizer key for it.
Just wondering if I will be able to swap and use immobilizer from another car if I get Ecu, Key, immobilizer reader and that small immobilizer switch box just by reader ring? Or is there something more?

Or is it possible to use pre 98 Ecu which is not immobilized straight on the post 98 loom?

Thanks for the answers! ;)

to run 1uz vvti immo in factory configuration, you need a key, an amplifier, an antenna and most importantly the proper memory dump where your particular key is programmed to. Alternatively, the ECU can be modified to bypass its immo system. In this scenario, original Toyota parts are not required.

A number of ECUs share the same immo system so you can for example transplant the EEPROM memory chip from say JZS160/161 Aristo or JZS171 Crown and use its amp/antenna/key to run UCF21 or LS400 ECU

There's a very limited number of UZS155 ECU's however (2WD,vvti) which run LS400 / UCF21 engine p-n-p , but these are fairly rare and expensive. Any sort of immo bypass would probably be less costly.

to run 1uz vvti immo in factory configuration, you need a key, an amplifier, an antenna and most importantly the proper memory dump where your particular key is programmed to. Alternatively, the ECU can be modified to bypass its immo system. In this scenario, original Toyota parts are not required.

A number of ECUs share the same immo system so you can for example transplant the EEPROM memory chip from say JZS160/161 Aristo or JZS171 Crown and use its amp/antenna/key to run UCF21 or LS400 ECU

There's a very limited number of UZS155 ECU's however (2WD,vvti) which run LS400 / UCF21 engine p-n-p , but these are fairly rare and expensive. Any sort of immo bypass would probably be less costly.

so the memory dump is actually inside the ECU, right? If I get the whole ECU, Ampifier (this is the small metal box next to the antenna, right?), antenna and the key and swap them over, it should work?

Yes it will work right if you connect everything properly
UCF20 amp has 5-pin connector (that goes to ECU) and cable with 2-pin connector for antenna. Don't remember if it's metal or plastic though, better check the p/n of your box at Toyodiy

The memory dump in UCF21 VVTI / LS400 VVTI is stored in a separate chip located inside the ECU.

Yes it will work right if you connect everything properly
UCF20 amp has 5-pin connector (that goes to ECU) and cable with 2-pin connector for antenna. Don't remember if it's metal or plastic though, better check the p/n of your box at Toyodiy

The memory dump in UCF21 VVTI / LS400 VVTI is stored in a separate chip located inside the ECU.

Thanks for your tips George. But would you know if i will be able to put all the parts we spoke above from the Lexus GS400? Or will I need all the engine loom as well? Lexus GS400 has 10hp and 15Nm more than LS400 as far as I know, so maybe it would be worth putting GS400 ECU which is mapped better as I assume.
Cheers!

GS400 and even GS430 runs the same security system as LS400 vvti. pinout may differ.
[edit] gs430 wise, I was meaning first gen only, those with 5a/t

Last edited: