EGR Pipe

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lextreme II

Just call me "Lex"
This is the most common site where the EGR pipe breaks. If this occur you will noticed some exhaust leak and perhaps CEL (check engine light) would turn on.

Is my 1996 ls400 egr pipe the same as the egr pipe in the picture above like the early model ls400 egr pipe, one single unit? Or is my 96 egr pipe divided into two separate pipes like the sc400 engines i have seen before?

This is the best picture of a second generation 1uz-fe, with the split egr pipe, that I can find. Appears even after hundreds of posts we still have knowledge to gain. Anyway. I guess I ask questions when I know the answer to see if you guys like new info or talking about the same old things...
1uzfe.jpg

This is the most common site where the EGR pipe breaks. If this occur you will noticed some exhaust leak and perhaps CEL (check engine light) would turn on.

Yup, thats exactly the same place mine had split, I had no check light come on though.
That pipe is removed along with all the other EGR stuff now as it's not needed over here.

This is the best picture of a second generation 1uz-fe, with the split egr pipe, that I can find. Appears even after hundreds of posts we still have knowledge to gain. Anyway. I guess I ask questions when I know the answer to see if you guys like new info or talking about the same old things...
That's interesting. That will help a lot in removal and installation. I had to chop mine off in 2 sections to remove it.

Good info. So I can remove both egr pipes and buy a block plate kit with the three plates, two for the intake and one for the exhaust? Does the engine require that I block off the other openings in the coolant bridge?