E30 1uz r154

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

thegman

Hi,

My new project is underway - 1UZ (gen 2) with R154 box into E30 (2 door). Engine just arrived today - there is a real shortage of 1UZ engines here (Thailand) at the moment - there are buyers from India and Burma buying up all the stock as it lands from Japan.

Decided on the gen 2 motor as no plans to turbo, and I'm guessing the actual power gains over the first gen are much more significant than stated by Toyota .

I already have a R154 box (cost as much as the 1UZ, autobox, ECU, wiring harness and propshaft combined).

Would welcome any suggestions about clutches - a second hand OS twin plate is over $800 here, seems bloody ridiculous.

Cheers

Attachments

• IMG_0029.JPG
    IMG_0029.JPG
    76.1 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_0050.JPG
    IMG_0050.JPG
    66.5 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_0053.JPG
    IMG_0053.JPG
    53.9 KB · Views: 60
Nice one mate, ive done the same conversion on my e30 except i used a fully built W55 with semi cut gears. Good choice on the late engine, they do go ALLOT harder than the early engines if you not going F/I, you can run low boost on them if needed though.

Engine sitting in engine bay on hoist to get an idea of clearances etc

Attachments

• IMG_0053.JPG
    IMG_0053.JPG
    76.4 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_0054.JPG
    IMG_0054.JPG
    85.9 KB · Views: 48
I've actually helped do this swap before, and I've also helped swap a LSX/T56 motor in a m30 also.

the mount on the drivers side might be a real pita if your car is left hand drive. The steering shaft goes right through part of where the mount needs to go. I ended up boxing the mount then making a cutout for the shaft to pass through, and then boxing in the cutout. I'll see if I have some pics laying around to show what I'm talking about. You're also probably going to need to make a custom header on the drivers side to clear the same steering shaft.

*Edit*
Just noticed it's a RHD car, but it looks like you'll have the same issues to deal with.

Last edited: