Dr Tweak's Grand Tour of America

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Dr Tweak

Well, I've decided that this spring, around May, I will be taking a tour of the entire country. Leaving from GA, I will travel north all the way up the east coast (into Canada), across to at least Montana (possibly all the way to Washington), and then down, Colorado, Arizona, etc, then back across the southern US through Texas all the way back to GA.

The reason that I'm bringing it up here is that I would really love to stop in and meet some of the many great people that I've met on the forums over the last 6+ years. For that matter, I've also been considering packing up my tools and bringing them along in case anyone wants me to make a "house call" while along the way.

So, if you're interested in getting together just to meet and hang out or to get some work done, post here in this thread so I can start finalizing my route a little more!

As I go along I'm going to take a lot of pics especially of us getting together with fellow Toyota owners, and I'm going to try to start and update a thread as I go around the country... :D

-Doc

Doc, hopefully by the time you swing through TX, we'll have the UZ in the Supra, and will be needing reharnessing, so do bring your tools. When is your ETA?

Doc, hopefully by the time you swing through TX, we'll have the UZ in the Supra, and will be needing reharnessing, so do bring your tools. When is your ETA?
that brings business into his pleasure trip, unless it's pleasurable for him to figure wiring out, which would bring pleasure into a business trip, which is still dipping your pen in the company inkwell!! :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :saeek:

that brings business into his pleasure trip, unless it's pleasurable for him to figure wiring out, which would bring pleasure into a business trip, which is still dipping your pen in the company inkwell!! :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :saeek:

"Bartender, I'll have whatever Thermactor's having......"

Come on back to Florida Dr Tweak!! You have a house to stay in while in Orlando, no charge. You also get my awesome grilled steak, best in the country. I also need you to work on my car.

Ryan

I won't be doing FL this trip, but I will make a special FL trip for all you guys later in the year. :)

Alright here is the initial list, feel free to correct/add to it. I will say right up-front that I will not be able to make it to see EVERYONE, so if you get missed, don't feel bad. :)

Maryland/DC:
insaneintenti0n (tercelonline)
rjoe (tercelonline) *work on tercel
alfradio (tercelonline)
lilbit01 (trdforums)
MD4e

PA:
95st-celica (6gc) Philadelphia
burnyd (celicatech) Pittsburgh

Montreal:
Loki_V2 (tercelonline)

Toronto:
Gizmo (tercelonline)
Valo6 (6GC)
Anth505 (supramania)
rayray1 (trdforums)
REN69 (toyotanation)

Washington State:
kennymp3 (tercelonline) Vancouver
pimptrizkit (supramania) Vancouver
CorollaBest (trdforums)
Sean (celicatech)
geebes (celicatech) Spokane

Mass:
Tercel Drifter (tercelonline) Boston
Heavy_D (tercelonline) Worcester
x_itchy_b_x (6gc) Boston

Louisiana:
MadCat (tercelonline) Denham Springs
draenor (tercelonline)

New Jersey:
dero908 (tercelonline)
Rolla95 (trdforums) Deptford

Montana:
Red Hawk (tercelonline) Fargo *install clutch

Texas:
Havok1997GT (6gc) Houston
My2Celi (6gc) Arlington
death (6gc) *Fix speedo problem
MKIIINA (supramania) DFW
ARES (trdforums) Houston
Trouble (club4ag) Austin
cribbj (lextreme) Houston *Wiring harness work on 1UZ/Supra
nyana107 (celicatech) Dallas

Illinois:
Celicam8 (6gc)
wrongboy (celicatech) Chicago

SOCAL:
xs94st (6gc)
j0e_p3t (6gc)

California:
livingtheword777 (club4ag)

North/South Carolina:
illneversellmycelli (6gc) Statesville
Carolina91GT-S

Alabama:
The1 (supramania) Montgomery
donteatbugs (celicatech) Monroeville

Indiana:
Clueless (supramania) Columbus
VikingJZ (celicatech) northern Indiana

Vancouver, BC:
JustinGotA1j (supramania)

New Mexico:
zachm611 (supramania) Alamogordo
SW20Boost (club4ag)

Kentucky:
st2b (supramania)

Alberta Canada:
Keros (supramania) Calgary

New York:
vibebreaker (trdforums) NYC *auto/manual conversion, intake manifold, etc

Colorado:
MovieSTAR (trdforums) Denver
Hiko (celicatech) Boulder

Arizona:
n0c3lt (celicatech) Phoenix

Utah:
Luni (celicatech)

Tennessee:
Murgatroy (celicatech) Knoxville

Doc, you're going to be a very busy boy.......

Any "general" ideas of dates when your road show will be passing through these cities?

CHANGE OF PLANS!

Okay guys, HUGE update. I've decided that there were way too many people and places to see in just one month of traveling around, so I've come up with a solution to the problem, which is centered around this:

rv.jpg

That's right, this baby is sitting in my driveway RIGHT NOW. In fact, I'm selling my house and all my earthly belongings that don't fit in the RV and I'm going on the road INDEFINITELY! I'll be doing wiring conversions in the RV as I go and I might bring a tig-welder along as well to do on-site fabrication.

With this setup, I'll be able to take my time and travel around the US, get to see the country, live very simply for a while, and get to meet lots of people from the forums and from shops that I work with. So keep adding yourselves to the list, we'll be making our way around slowly but surely!

PS: Anyone want to buy a nice house in Savannah, totally renovated, fully furnished for $159k? How about a 2004 Toyota Tundra 4-door Limited? Or a '93 Lexus GS300 maybe? [email protected]

-Doc

Yeah actually if you look closely you'll see the slideout is extended in the pic. It has that one big slide.

It gets about 10 MPG, which I'm actually pretty happy with :)

-Doc

oh wow, that's crazy! When do you plan to hit up texas? I'm by the austin area

Ditto, and I'm in Houston, but my project was delayed by 3-4 months due to blowing the motor on the dyno in February.

Doc, I should be ready for you sometime this summer; I can give you a better date following the next dyno session, assuming the motor survives this time ;-)