1 UZFE into Jeep Grand Cherokee

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Venter247365

Hi there

Has anybody done a lexus conversion on a Jeep Grand Cherokee?

I have looked all over the internet and I can't find any info or pics. I am planning to replace the current diesel 3.1 with the 1uzfe motor. But I would like to see what kind of hickups I can expect.
I have spoken to a few people, and it seems the biggest headache to sort out is the dashboard cluster. So I am very enthusiastic to start the conversion.

Regards

What year Grand Cherokee?

Whilst I'm not aware of this swap being done Jeep did use the Aisin auto trans in some of their models.

This would mean you could bolt the 1UZ to the Jeep version of the Aisin with the 1UZ bellhousing.

If your Jeep pre-dates the Aisin trans you may find it useful to look at using the Jeep version of the Aisin trans as it would solve the transfer case issues as well.

Shouldn't be impossible to do.

The dash cluster isn't all that big an issue. The usual problem is the tacho and/or speedo but some frequency adjusters will solve those.

Thanks for your replies

The Jeep I talking about is a 2001 model. And I've had it for a year now.

I have spend more on the repairs of the engine and gearbox, than I I initially paid for the Jeep. And every time it goes in for repairs, or I drive somewhere something else goes. So I am fed up with this engine and gearbox now.

I have even tried to sell it, but nobody wants to take it off my hands, they reckon it's the worst engine Jeep ever build, so that's why I decided on the conversion.
As the Jeep is a lovely vehicle to drive with, when it is actually driving.

But I will probably start to strip this weekend, and will post photos as I go along.

Cheers