dodgy alarm install - need ideas...

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Death By Bass

a friend of mine had an alarm installed in their car, and everything seemed alright for the first few weeks, except that slowly the siren got quieter and quieter, till you could no longer hear it...

took the car to the place that did the install, and he makes up some excuse about the siren drawing too much current, and that he'll wire it in "pulsed mode" ok, fair enough, I guess.

he does this, siren is a lot louder, and now ofcourse, it pulses, instead of being constantly on... as my friend is driving home... they put the right indicator on... and... the siren goes off... wtf? the guy has managed to wire the siren, to the right indicator...

anyway!!! finally get around to going back, AGAIN, guy is very sorry for the inconvenience, blah blah, and he "fixes" the problem...

so, friend has been driving around for a few weeks in the car, no worries, alarm is working as well as one would expect, till, he gets out of the car with the engine running, to see how close he is parked to something... and, the siren goes off!!! (the indicators are meant to flash when you open the door with the engine running, which they still do, but the siren goes off aswell!!!)

so, I have looked at the install, and it is the CRAPPEST install I have EVER seen... and this is meant to be a "professional" NOTHING is soldered... the alarm module is just shoved under the dash... he used RED insulation tape on it!?!?!? WTF MAN!!!!

to top it off, the car was broken into a few days ago... seems the alarm didn't go off, they pulled the dash open, unplugged the alarm module in about 15 seconds of opening the car... they came VERY close to hotwiring the car and driving off!!!!

BASICALLY!!!! I want the alarm removed, and my friend refunded, but, how should we go about requesting this from the installer?

please give some suggestions... thanks!
progress.gif
http://www.supraforums.com.au/forum/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=610885