Customs LS400 Exhaust

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Fasteddie

Guys,

we are making a custom exhaust for the '96 LS400, so the T88-34d can breathe properly....
For the exhaust pipes I am looking at something like this (2 oval pipes):

Does anybody have ideas about other looks ?....maybe 4 exhaust pipes like the AMGs ?...but how will this look on the LS ? Anybody want to Photoshop ???

Thx !

The dual ovals look wicked, but I think four of them would look gay, like that POS they call the IS-F.

You could go square or rectangular. That would definitely be different.

Only 'vettes seem to be able to get away with square exhausts. They may be butt ugly on anything else, but on a 'vette, they just blend in with the rest of the "styling", hehehe.

Those don't look bad at all!

Awhile back I was fooling around with quad pipes for my V12 GT40 project, and here's what I came up with. This is on a Ford GT, not a GT40, but I thought they looked pretty good. Maybe something like this would work for the LS if you had a rear valence panel or diffuser?

I raced a GT40 Mustang a while back and got worked...I am impressed with the GT40 simply said...

Four pipes out the back looks brutal for sure on the LS400...

Attachments

• ECU 120 PIN .zip
    3.3 KB · Views: 48
Guys,

we are making a custom exhaust for the '96 LS400, so the T88-34d can breathe properly....
For the exhaust pipes I am looking at something like this (2 oval pipes):

Does anybody have ideas about other looks ?....maybe 4 exhaust pipes like the AMGs ?...but how will this look on the LS ? Anybody want to Photoshop ???

Thx !

While I agree with John Cribb that the IS-F exhaust design is ugly the AMG cars look good to me. That said a photoshop of the S55 pipes on a 1995-2000 LS400 would help. My guess is they won't look right. In fact these cars had hidden tips OEM and would need cuttouts (questionable) or under bumper (more questionable) execution.

Unless you have to have a visual pipe layout I would go hidden dual 3" tips slash cut under bumper.

For a look at the MB AMG here is a pic

IMG_5053a.jpg