Custom Forged Pistons & Rods

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lextreme II

Just call me "Lex"
Finally,

Picked up 18 sets of custom pistons today and start sending them soon. Here is some pics of forged piston and rod.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I like the first ring land.

Looks like it will stand a bit of abuse.

Shame to put them in your engine. Would make nice paperweights!

Hey guys,

new here and looking for some indicative pricing on various different upgrades. Investigating putting the V8 into a R32 skyline. What sort of prices am I looking at to get a full forged bottom end set? i.e pistons rods pins etc

At this stage I am just doing my homework. I am feeling sure that I am going to use either the 1UZ-FE or 3UZ-FE and swap into a R32 Skyline. Been down the road of the RB20DET and loved it, till some other theiving prick decided he loved it more. Never seen again.

That is a bloody **** hot price on a full forged set... cant believe it. Is that in NZD$ or USD$ or what?

I was quoted 6k at Denco for the RB20DET. Never quite got that far though!!!

Anyway, enough of the sob story, I have decided this time to go for a V8 due my dislike of the lack of torque and laggyness of the RB20DET. In the future I might supercharge or turbo the motor, but at this stage its just going to be a na.

I have heard about the 1GZ-FE also, but have never seen the Toyota Century that it came in. Does anyone know if these motors came in any other vehicle. I realise that they are as rare as hen's teeth... but hey, may as well try!!!

I posted elsewhere also, does anyone know the dimensions of the 1 or 3UZ-FE?

Cheers for your help guys, this site is very informative. A lot of the other sites for particular car enthusiasts are pretty useless with a lot of uninformed users.

1gz's only ever came in century's... and even they're rare as a whole car....

one was sold not long ago for the equivalent of 12k aud... my mate is an importer, so he was tracking it till it sold...

dimensions for the uz engines are roughly 70 cm cubed (70x70x70). It's been fitted to an s13 sil, so an r32 shouldnt be hard.

Alright!,

I almost have all the parts for the shortblock build up. I just ordered Federal Mogul Bearings and i have most of the parts at home and ready to get the shortblock build. I am still trying to find out about the main studs and main bolts.

Once the bearings are in... its time for the short block build up....I think it will be about 600 for the shortblock. Bore, hone, balanced, blueprint and assembled.

I recently spoke with a very good engine builder who has a lot of experience with alloy blocks with iron sleeves and he said the 1uz cylinder sleeve is thick enough for a .30 thousand overbore. The crank impressed him as did the 6 bolt main caps ... should be good for 1500hp and more. Most power gain will be found in the top half of the motor.

Red,

Its nice to know from the pros about the bottom end. I am working very carefully with a local performance engine build on the next stage.... Heads....