custom driveshaft for 1uz auto?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Comrade_Charlie

when using the stock auto from a 1uz doesnt the driveshaft bolt up to the transmission? when putting this into a live axle car wouldnt the driveshaft need a slip yoke for it to extend when the live axle goes down.

Planing on doing a kp61 starlet 1uz swap but I want to keep the auto just because I want to. I dont know if this is the correct forum to ask this but there seems to be a lot of people swaping these engines in other cars so.

edit: or is there some other automatic out of say a old supra that would be a fully direct swap in with a slip yoke input thingy driveshaft.

u need a custom tailshaft with a slip yoke somehwere along the line

usually in the centre bearing area

i dont think theres another auto out there tht will be an easy swap

that wont cause u headaches

over here it costs around 700 for a good custom tailhaft

the crown 1uzs are the ones with slip yoke style auto but they are hard top find these days

so most conversions these days needs an expensive shaft

Yes we are. Our driveshaft guy removes the rear drive plate on the trans and welds on a plate to bolt a standard type universal into it , just like the diff then adds a slipper like a 4wd would run. Works really well. Cheers

Ok ill look into all that once I actually get it, just wanted to know if it was worthwhile getting the stock trans. Ill just try to find a broke down ls400 or soemthing. its for a toyota starlet so the trans wont be under much stress, just want a 260hp cruising toyota LOL.

Thanks!

The best solution is to replace it with crown trans. try to look for that one then look into other solutions.

i suffer a lot till i find crown auto trans then all is fine.

1 piece Driveshaft for Auto 1UZ

Hey gang,

I searched for this, but did not find too much, so I am dredging up this old thread and asking what you all know out there for this? As most of you may know, my twin turbo project is finally on the road, and being tuned. I am concerned about how much power the stock 2-piece driveshaft will hold. I certainly don't want it to break and destroy my car. I know I need to get a single piece, preferrably steel for the added strength over aluminum, and with a slip yoke built into it somewhere, plus I believe I will need a front and rear adaptor to mount up to the stock rubber mounts to isolate vibrations. Does anybody have any suggestions?

Anything already out there?

Anybody know the limitations of the stock 2-piece?

Thanks,

Ryan

I may have an answer for this but need to pull a few things apart first to see if it will work which if I remember I'll get one of my students to do on Monday given that we seem to have a UZ trans sitting in the store room that is about to be scrapped so it may do as a test "Mule". Now what I'm thinking is you are going to need some parts from a 130 series 4runner. Namely the output shaft flange from the transfer box, diff pinion flange and rear driveshaft (has a slip joint in it). Obviously the length of the shaft will need to be changed which is a good excuse for a nice thick wall shaft but the slip joint and yokes are what is needed. This will come down to a spline count and also if the 4wd transfer output flange will go directly onto the rear of the trans. Now if this works it will solve a lot of problems. I'll report back at some stage next week