Crown UZS131 Wiring Diagram

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

VH 1UZ-FE

KDOG,
I have a 1991 model crown royal saloon. I am unsure what the UZS131 is that you were referring to. My engine is the 1 UZ-FE. are the diagrams u posted the same for the 1UZ-FE?

Thanks

The diagrams are accurate.

I did my conversion and used KDogs pinout diagrams and the car started first go.

I also obtained diagrams from a few other sources and they re-inforced what KDog had provided.

The thing KDogs diagram don't get into too deeply is the speed control for the fuel pump.

They are on the diagram but for more indepth information look in the tech section of this Site. The Soarer layout is basically the same and you can see the interrelationship of the closing circuit, speed control and master relay easier.

There are a couple of items on KDogs diagrams you probably won't have in your vehicle (exhaust flap for one) but don't worry just don't connnect anything to it. Basically you have around 12 wires to connect to get the car to run. From memory 4 earths, 3 lots of power, starter solenoid and some fuel wiring.

With the ECT and ECU. Cut all wires running between the two and discard the ECT and it's loom. Insulate all wires out of the ECU you cut (those between the ECT and ECU) and your home safe.

Give it a go it isn't as hard as it sounds. KDog and co have done all the hard work for us.

Zuffen said:
With the ECT and ECU. Cut all wires running between the two and discard the ECT and it's loom. Insulate all wires out of the ECU you cut (those between the ECT and ECU) and your home safe.QUOTE]

So the ECT isnt needed at all?
Is this the case if you arent using an aftermarket computer?

The ECT isn't needed if you aren't using the auto.

If you are using an aftermarket ECU to control the engine you can't use the ECT to control the gearbox. The ECT gets the signals it needs from the ECU not directly from the sensors so it isn't possible to use it. If you still wanted full automatic function then yout could use an ECT from an older car such as a cressida which has an ECT which will take signals directly from the sensors.

The speed signals for the ECT (SP, SP1, SS1, SS2 and SSC) aren't accurate in my diagrams. I will update them when I get a chance. The best way to wire these up to is to replace the speed sensor (20pulses/revolution) with the type that puts out 4 pulses/revolution and wire it to the SP1 input on my diagrams. Please correct me if I am wrong someone as I am going from the top of my head.

Thats what I thought KDog

Are the fuel pump relays part of the main loom from the dash or are they mounted in the boot near the fuel pump?

Also, SORRY GUYS, but with the ignition side of things it looks like there are 5 wires needed for ignition.
1 from the exhaust temp/check engine lamp switch
1 black/red one from ECT26pin (presuming this is main ignition wire)
1 from econ/power switch which interconnects to blck/red wire .
1 from ignitors
And 1 from the fuel injectors.
Are all these wires needed?

Thanks ALOT!

Dreamkiller,

Depends what your engine came out of.

If you have a Crown the relays are in the fuse box in passenger side rear of engine bay (in Australia or NZ) and a Soarer SC400 the control is from the ECU to a control unit in the passengers rear quater panel. If you have a Crown you need the resistor mounted on the wheel arch in front of the fuse box.

We need to know what you have to give any real advice.

I apologize for hijacking the thread, but could somebody acquire this crown ECU for me for a reasonable price or point me in the right direction. I am in the states and its kinda difficult to get those parts here. Currently working on a 92 LS400 engine into a 82 MA61L Supra with a R154 tranny. Thank you in advance.

elhsupra,

I did some ringing around the other day for Lextreme trying to locate a crown ECU and loom for his dune buggy.

No luck. All our importers know what they are worth. The only way I could get one was to buy an engine and take it off that. A bit expensive.

I would put a post on this site and toymods looking for the ECU and loom. You will need both or at a pinch the ECU and plugs off the loom for the ECU.

You may have more luck in NZ where the engines are cheaper and the Dollar is worth less than the Aussie Dollar (yes that IS possible).

Another option is bsee of this Forum. He is based in Malasia and they seem to end up with a lot of Japan's cast-offs. Maybe Crown bits are available. Try a PM you never know.

Thanks for the help! Everyone has really helped alot on this group and hopefully in a month or so a MA61 will come to life with quad cam power. Thanks again for the wiring diagrams!

I don't think there is one.
There may be a Japanese one but there would be no english one available.
Apart from getting a Japanese person to get one from Japan for you I can't think of any other method.
I may have a crown ECU around somewhere. Not sure if there is a complete wiring harness. Has been a few years since I touched it. If you want I can have a look.

triptronic device

k dog
i read the FAQ on the triptronic devive u were talking about and it also has 2 gboxes it will run, mine is electronicaly controlled but my gbox serial numbers dnt match either of the ones u descibed will mine still work?

What engine was this gearbox behind????
What sort of speed sensors did it have, two or three pin ones and which side of the gearbox are they on?
What type of shaft coupling is on the rear of the box, is it a splined shaft type or the rubber coupling type?
What was the serial number on the box, they don't match the Toyota names for the box?

I was just looking at the wiring diagrams and I can see the fuel pump gets power while the engine is cranking from pin 11 on the 22 pin connector but I can't see an input that tells the computer the engine is cranking.
Did I miss something or what’s the go.

The pump pressure is raised when cranking and drops again when idling and driving in low power situations.

Don't worry the computer knows what is happening.

V8Celica,
The crank angle sensor picks up that the engine is turning.

There's a whole lot of magic in the ecu box that makes it all happen - quite remarkable really.

n