Crown ECU /Fuel Pump Question

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Quadcob

Just completed the wiring of the wiring looms in a ICV I am building and it started pretty well first go. They only problem I have is that I can not get the fuel pump to work through the ECU. I followed the drawings that are available from this site.
The drawing I used has the has the fuel pump relay powered(ve+) from the ECU. The other drawing from this site I checked has the ECU as the ve- from the relay.
Before I start stripping the down the harness and rewiring it can anyone who has wired a motor from a Crown and used its ECU to control the fuel pump tell me how they wired it in.

Thanks
Warren

Note: I have no knowledge on this topic whatsoever.

BUT the guy doing my loom told me that in the later model ECUs the fuel pump is controlled by an external computer that is in the rear of the vehicle (and thus is usually chopped off anf not included with the front cut.

He has built his own replacement.

Is it possible that you are missing this module?

Quadcob,

I'll be working on my car tonight and I'l have a look for you.

The Crown doesn't use a fuel pump ECU but it deoes use a fuel pump speed resistor.

Sorry about that. Was the module I am referring to another ECU that does not apply here or did I get it totally wrong and it is a resister?

The Crown uses a resistor. It's silver and about 100mm x 75mm x 35mm and is located on the front skirt in front of the engine bay fuse box.

The SC/Soarer/LS all use a separate fuel pump ECU.

Attachments

• Cobra.jpg
    Cobra.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 13
  • E IMAGE_00024.jpg
    E IMAGE_00024.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 18
  • E IMAGE_00027.jpg
    E IMAGE_00027.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 20
  • E IMAGE_00030.jpg
    E IMAGE_00030.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 16
  • E image_00015.jpg
    E image_00015.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 10
Quick picy of what Zuffen is talking about.

Attachments

• more van 200506 001.jpg
    more van 200506 001.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 25
  • more van 200506 002.jpg
    more van 200506 002.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 24
  • more van 200506 003.jpg
    more van 200506 003.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 25
  • more van 200506 004.jpg
    more van 200506 004.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 31
  • more van 200506 005.jpg
    more van 200506 005.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 23
After trying unsuccessfully to get the fuel pump to work via the ECU I gave up and fitted a LPG Safety Cutoff relay to control the fuel pump relay. It was simple to wire up and works well.

Warren

LOL.... I always wondered what that thing was for, now I know.

I'll have to go fish it out of the box in my shed full of all the other left over stuff.

All I did was hook my fuel pump up to the acc witch works fine. But at idle it's still at 12v witch is a bit noisy.

early crown 1uzs have a neg trigger for a circuit opening relay

did u run this relay or a normal relay

sometimes the f/pnt enough to tri a normal relay you have to use a circuit openin relay which gets trigger when cranking and then the f/pp neg trig just holds it one

have run into this prob before

another thing i use is a tachometric relay
these triger relays when there is an rpm signal
very easy to use

late model 1uzs and soarer 1uzs run a fuel pump ecu

i have all parts here needed to wire these up whichever way u want

Hi Sideshow,
I just used normal relays. Explains why I couldn't get it to work.

The LPG safety cutout works like a tachometric relay. When it is first energised it sends a signal to the fuel pump relay for one second for an initial prime and then stops. It then turns on when it gets a signal that the engine rotating. If the engine stops and the igniton is still on it will shut down the fuel pump relay. Like I said before, easy to wire up and get working and is effective.

Warren