Crank Pulley

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Shouldn't be a problem.
If someone can send me a stock one it might help, saves me trying to locate one.

What material? 6061 will do the job easily, 7075 if you really want. It would be better if people had them anodised in their own location, we don't have many local annodisers and I consider ours a bit rich.
The exchange rate should work in your favour.

Is it going to go over the face of the stock crank pulley like the crank sensor wheel used with the Haltech, or is this supposed to be a complete replacement? If this is a complete replacement, how is the harmonic dampener going to be retained? The dampener is very much needed.

Eric

yeah david, did you want one going over the stock one, or a new one. I already have cad design of the stock one, so resizing it is no problem, i could have them by next week

I think if we and make one that is add on to the stock. Then we will have best of both world. The stock have the harmonic balancer and the add on will be independent of the system. If the supercharger belt breaks, the car still can run. This also wont not affect the normal operation of the car. This will have two belts. One for the stock accessories and one for the supercharger only.

a guy on the soarer central forum is making me one 8" 8 rib belt for 550 AUD. have a look on the forum under v8 mechanical topic raptor supercharger

Pulley's

Hi David,
I've attached a photo of an 8 rib pulley we make, its 7.5 inch, and yes designed for high boost seperate drives, sells for 430(aud)

We are as we speak making a 8 rib harmonic/crank pulley, plus pulley's for all the accessories, it will be a retro fit, replacing the 6 rib, for those wishing to run higher boosts, the problem we found with the seperate drive apart from crank snout load was room in the engine bay, further problems being the support rib under the bonnet, in some cases this had to be cut out, depending on supercharger pulley size, supercharger type and manifold height.

Cribbj is our happy test subject, going in his GT40 I believe, he could not run a seperate drive, hence the project for pulleys.

I'll keep everyone updated.

Cheers
Andrew

Richwood said:
We are as we speak making a 8 rib harmonic/crank pulley, plus pulley's for all the accessories, it will be a retro fit, replacing the 6 rib, for those wishing to run higher boosts, the problem we found with the seperate drive apart from crank snout load was room in the engine bay, further problems being the support rib under the bonnet, in some cases this had to be cut out, depending on supercharger pulley size, supercharger type and manifold height. Andrew
Andrew the retrofit 8 rib harmonic crank pulley is 5" is that correct? I am interested in the bolt-on because i can run much higher boost like 17-23 psi.

It would be nice to have a 5.3 with Richwood Manifold along with a Whipple on a 7.5" pulley. With the 5.3L, running at 12 psi non-intercooled will be ok. 17 psi with water injection. I love driving with lots and lots of lower end torque.

David, will have to make it usable for both low and high boost, the crank pulley is going to be about 170-175, then resize all the acessories to suit the final boost and rpm.
A 2.3 whipple or 422 Opcon pushing 15-18lb on 4.0 @ 6500 is 90mm top pulley using the std 165mm crank, a 5.3 on 18lb @ 6500 is 62mm, so I think it will work well all round.
Cheers
Andrew

Im In for one,iv got a hold of a twinscrew off AMG e55(Good price too),my next thing apart from the manifold was the pulley,add on is what iv come up with too..

bango said:
Im In for one,iv got a hold of a twinscrew off AMG e55(Good price too),my next thing apart from the manifold was the pulley,add on is what iv come up with too..
Hi,,, do you have any specs on a supercharger for 93 sc400,, iam trying to locate someone that could make all the brackets and piping,