Cold Start up problems Mk1 93 LS400?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Bayside

Hello, a few questions regarding start up problems on my 93 LS400

I have noticed that the car runs rich on start up from cold. This may be down to the cold start system which I have read about and wondered if its a normal thing from cold?

It also has a tendency to sound and feel as if its not firing immediately on all cylinders from cold.... it sounds as if its firing on 2 then 4 then 5 then 8 cylinders in the first second or two before settling into a smooth high tickover. What could be causing this?

Lastly I left the car on the drive for around three weeks without starting it. When I did come to start it up there was a cloud of smoke that came from the exhausts which took a few seconds to clear - it was whitish grey in colour.

Im wondering if one of the head gaskets has failed as I have been losing some coolant - I had put this down to a leak that Im yet to locate which leaves a damp patch under the car on the drive but could be something else. Its the first time Ive seen the smoke and it doesnt do it if the car is started every couple of days.

The rest of the time the car seems to run fine - no loss of power, no misfires, no strange vibrations. The only other thing I have noted is that sometimes when sitting in traffic moving up a slight incline off throttle there is a rocking motion that starts through the car but I dont think this is linked to the issues above.

Any pointers or similar experiences would be very useful. Thanks in advance.

Also dont know if this is relevant but is it normal for the car to take as much as 20 miles for the condensation to clear from the exhaust system? Possibly another pointer regarding the head gasket - however it has been cold here so will have to try it on a warmer day to test my theory.