code 42

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

litldv8

hi all
to start off 92 1uz into rzn 149 hilux manual not auto
I have the motor running well but code 42
I seem to remember reading somewhere to put pin 76 to ground
nothing else for this?

I also have codes 52 and 55 but I hope that they will be just be a tank full of 2 year old fuel for now

it has a soarer 40 40 40 pin ecu
the caps have been replaced as due course for these ecus (not by me).

thanks neil

42 is speed signal so don't worry bout it

if it runs bad could still be ecu as they don't always fix the ecu when u replace all caps
sometimes more damage is done

hi
it doesn't run bad - runs pretty well
just the light is on
they were replaced by a mate who works for Australian computer co
one of the injector driver tracks was damaged but has been repaired.
neil

it just can't run good with codes 52 and 55, no way absolutely. With these codes, ignition advance is maximally retarded.

Code 42 with manual transmission - you may try to fool ECU's speed input with some pulse signal, for example injector drive signal or igniter's feedback or whatever

if u have a cable speedo just get an inline speedo pulse sensor
if u have an electric speedo then run the signal wire for your speedo to the spd wire on the 1uz
should take u about 2 mninutes

I have a 1UZ (ex 1992 Soarer) in a boat, it runs extremely well. I have an engine fault light on the dash (that I'd like to function) that stays on due to code 42, speedo signal. As I have no automotive gearbox to drive a speedo pulse sensor is there any other way to eliminate this indication?

loss of power is the last thing you want in open sea. I wouldn't rely on some chinese gps stuff when it comes to engine operation

there is afew brands of gps modules in usa and china
but since I try to use high quality stuff I buy some modules from my supplier in Australia
much better quality but they are double the price

like most things in life u get what you pay for