code 38 for sc400

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

65gtmustang

have a code 38 on a 91 sc400(soarer in NZ).Refers to ATF temp sensor but unable to find on the left handside of the trans.Does not appear to be relevant for this model so maybe this vehicle has had an ECU change.
Any ideas from the forum

If the vehicle has had a UZS141 crown 40/40/40 ecu fitted it will bring up this code. Can you get the ECU numbers and maybe a photo of the ecu. I can tell the difference between them when I have them in front of me.

cool as. Im hard to get hold of but put it on here and ill take a look , and maybe send me a email as I dont think I have your contacts. Im fairly confident I have a solution for you or at least the bits at work to check it out. Cheers

Not bad for a over the internet diagnoses. I will try and do some checking tomorrow and work out a plan for you. Flick me an email so I can contact you tomorrow. I think I have one soarer ECU left as they are frequently failing now and Ive just swapped one into a soarer with the same problem. I have plenty of crown 40/40/40 ecus as a result. They work fine when we are wiring up a vehicle as a manual. Cheers

Code 38 is speed sensor no 2 which is the one on the extension housing at the rear of the trans before the speedo drive. Some google searches will either give this code as an ATF temp sensor as you've said or an ABS R/R wheel sensor on a Camry. In this instance it is likely to be the speed sensor two as I had a 1UZ Surf fire that one after said sensor decided to fall apart. According to Lexus of Perth (and Wellington) and along with Toyota Aus and NZ that code did not exist (yeah come and tell this one). One new sensor later and problem solved.Motor and trans were ex UCF11

Not having any issues with Soarer ECUs ATM but had a couple of UCF21s giving trouble