1992 SC400 Code 27 & Lean a/f issue

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Bertman

Hey guys. I just wanted to get some input regarding some issues I'm having with my SC400.

First off, I checked the ECM for codes and came up with Code 27 (Rear 02/Heater circuit failure). I did perform the inspection of the Heater Circuit per Toyota/Lexus FSM Specs and my results indicated replacement of the sub O2 sensors is necessary. So new Denso O2 sensors are on order and en route. However my problems do not end here.

My current issue stems from hesitation while accelerating. At random times whenever I'm accelerating my car bogs down. I have to let off the throttle and then get back on it to restore engine power. I think this has to do with the Fuel Pump ECM but I'm not very sure. I think this can also be caused by a bad AFM. I don't think this sudden loss of power can be solely caused by bad O2 sensors. I checked my voltages at VF1 & VF2 with E1 ground and came out at 0.08V at idle. Does this indicate a lean condition? I have already inspected for Vacuum Leaks and could not find any. I want to check the AFM but I am unable to find AFM specs for the 1UZ. I did find AFM ohm specs for a 7M engine Karmon Vortex AFM, but I don't know if they're both the same part. Can anyone confirm this? Any help related to this issue is greatly appreciated!

There are several things that could cause what you describe. Loose connections, to a possible bad ecu.

The sub o2's should not cause a running issue.