CNC possibilities

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

The Flea

A friend since high school single-handedly runs a million dollar machine shop here in Visalia. He works for Eddie Sanders Racing making high end MotoX and Quad parts that are sold world wide. His shop been looking into [maybe] doing some outside work (something he almost never has the time or patience for).
If the demand is high enough he would consider making parts for us. A few options might be aluminum flywheels, aluminum intake manifold flanges for sheet metal intakes, high volume fuel rails, etc. His recent purchase of a GS430 might have helped in the decision making process...
His credentials are solid. His shop uses only MAZAK machines. Nice stuff.
I've seen him take a 9lb chunk of 6061 and make a 4oz mag cover from it.

This is a TRX cylinder head that he's throwing away. The head is set up to receive any number of combustion chambers depending on the set up. He has hundreds of finished parts on display that would keep us drooling all day.
cylhead.jpg

Six speed adapter plates, for w58 gearbox swaps; inlet flanges, centrifugal blower mounting brackets(very cool); strut tower brace parts.

What about a transmission adaptor plate for the 1uz that was universal...

It would have the proper outside perimeter cut (including the bit for the starter), dowl holes, and bolts holes. It would also have the inner perimeter cut into a circle for flywheel clearance.

The only thing the end-user would need to do would be to make bolt holes for the bellhousing of choice.

Another idea that I would be interested in would be aluminum flanges that fit the top of the bottom half of the intake (the 8 holes). These could be used to make dual throttle body inlets for TT applications, or blower manifolds, or ports for nitrous, or ports for secondary injectors, or alcohol injection, or ...

For those interested in a second opinion. I have been to his shop with the flea... very nice stuff... very high precision and finish work. There is nothing this guy cannot do with a piece of aluminum.

so if i were to have a 3sgte copied, with blank bolt holes and a slightly different ring gear i would be set right?

The Flea,

Why do people cut new leads into the ring gear when it wouldn't be any harder to remove it and flip it over. That way you would keep the balance (assuming you put it back in the same place but upside down) as I doubt too many of us have the patiance to do all 100odd teeth identically. I know I don't and I can be a persistent old sod.

Zuffen, I'm pretty sure the standard method is to have it flipped. I can't imagine what a pain it would be to try to copy the exact lead in.

Let me clarify a bit. I really don't know for sure if it will worked flipped. I guess people on the board have made it work. I don't know to what success.

Here is a picture of both side by side. You'll see the lead in is on the opposite side tooth because the rotation is probably different. I've had flexplates in the past that had no lead ins, but those weren't Toyota engines. You had to shim the starter the guarantee smooth engagement.

flywheel01.jpg