Clunking Noise '98 GS400

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

skee

Only over bumps and potholes. replaced upper control arms, lower ball joints and torsional bar( goes from lower control arm to chassis), new struts and bushing....still have problem. any suggestions???

mrsmall82 said:
you should try replacing lower control arm bushings
That's what I'd do the same. I had the exact problem with my SC400. The clunking noise went away after the lower control arm bushings were replaced. Don't go with the Daizens bushings, they'd give a harsh ride and the grease wouldn't even last for more than 6 months. I spent $100 on the Daizens' and did the work by myself. Otherwise, a mechanic/dealer might charge $700. Anyway, the Daizens got so queaky so I took the bushings apart and re-greased again. They still squeaked so I bought a better grease, but I didn't do it. However, I decided to buy another set of rubber bushings that have the outer shells from other manufacturers, instead of polyurethane bushings with no shells from Daizens. I just installed them in today and the ride was so smooth like before. Daizens are only good when you race at the track and when you really need stiff turns or cornerings.