Cleaning & Detailing Engine Bay?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

cribbj

"Supra" Moderator
Staff member
Awhile back PeterS, I think, from planetsoarer.com was kind enough to post an article about cleaning/detailing his engine bay. I recall that it involved using WD40. I thought I'd saved the article, but can't find it, the link on here, or the article on planetsoarer......Grrrrrrr.

Anyone remember it?

Recently I cleaned my engine and it didnt ran good for weeks. Just dont use water or if you do use it make sure you use a compressor to blow all the water out from the valve cover, MAF, Coils and ISC. I use Armour All and it works great. However, I have seen WD40 use in my friend's auto shop.

I covered both spark plug areas with plastic and steamed cleaned my engine twice in years past, never had any problems... Even though everyone says never do that with the 1uz's......

Once you clean it really nice one time, you can maintain it with Carb cleaner/Engine degresser spray and B2000 shine spray and a clean rag of course... It's the one time engine steam clean that gets it going in the right direction.....

Lex & Jibbby, thanks for the helpful suggestions, however my goal is to find Pete's article as I wanted to give it to a friend. Do you remember it, and/or have you seen it?

Need a link.......

I just detailed my 1uz with Simple Green and a hose. Got the engine warm and left it running. Sprayed it down lightly with the water. Sprayed Simple Green everywhere, and used a tooth brush on fittings and such that had extra gunk build up then sprayed it off with the hose again. Then took some compressed air to it. Took all of about 10 mins and looks brand new. Remember to leave it running the whole time, even when drying it off.

Not a 1UZ, but here's some shots of my 2JZ after detailing the engine bay according to Peter Scott's tutorial. The silicone spray really made the difference!