Cleaning maf

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Jibby,

K&N are oiled filters that kill MAF's.

They may flow good amounts of air (which usually indicates they don't clean it as well) but they will cause grief with you MAF.

I'll second that. I have a K&N on my Holden Commodore - similar MAF setup. It uses a precision restitance to measure air flow.

I used the recommended oil and in the recommended quantities in the K&N. Car went well for a while then started to hesitate on moderate acceleration. After a LOT of time spent investigating, I noticed a fine black oily powder in the air inlet. I used carby clean in the throttle body etc, and it did improve things (I suspect cleaning out a lot of older gunk did that). But still had that hesitation.
I reasoned that the oily power came from the K&N, so i removed the MAF sensor and closely examined it (microscope). I could see the same oily powder in it as well.
I used an electronic cleaner - I could SEE it was cleaner and could now see the actual body of the resistance.
Needless to say, the car ran much better.
I still have the K&N because in my case it did make a significant difference over the standard filter (but it's not a 1UZ)., but I am much more careful of the amoungt of oil, and the cleaning of the filter schedule now includes a MAF sensor examination.

Well, I'm still running on my K@N filter for what is 5 years now and the only thing I noticed is my throttle body gets dirty faster...However, I have never had any problems with my MAF or sensor reads because of the after market KN cone/pod filter...

The problem with the KN Filter is they are designed to pull air from all angles and unfortunately that can mean you are drawing in engine heat which will reduce performance..

Again, BFI intake designs are the best as proven for years..

Well, I'm still running on my K@N filter for what is 5 years now and the only thing I noticed is my throttle body gets dirty faster...However, I have never had any problems with my MAF or sensor reads because of the after market KN cone/pod filter...

The problem with the KN Filter is they are designed to pull air from all angles and unfortunately that can mean you are drawing in engine heat which will reduce performance..

Again, BFI intake designs are the best as proven for years..
Hey John,

Where were you all this time? You could have gone around the world for that whole time. "Around the world in 80 days"...I'm glad to see you around.

Hey Steve, I've been on the LStech forum trying to learn as much as possible about all the LSx motors and I must say it's been an real education for me to say the least...Just trying to broaden my horizons that is all and take a break from the same old topics found on this forum.....I could not achieve this education on this forum when trying to learn about those Ls1, LS2, and LS3, etc. No disrespect intended to this Lextreme forum as I am just looking for a breathe of fresh air for now.... It's also interesting to read about all the car battles between the ZO6's, new ZR1's, Vipers and Nissan Skylines as that seems to be the big talk at times on that forum...

Alot of differences between the Toyota UZ's and the GM LSx motors... I don't want to high jack this thread and start talking about all the differences, like the boost applications, pricing, longevity, durability, and power between the two but there is quite a bit to speak of.....