Chevy Rods

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
I am not sure what is the standard compression height, perhaps others can jump in and help me out. I think the Carrillos, Crower and other Nascar spec rods too long and offset grind the crank will cost too much. The simpliest way i think so far woul be the standard 5.7" rods.

autronic said:
Guys:

The 1UZFE rod measures 52.0 mm with the bearing in place, take the bearing
out and the big end measures 55.0 mm.

The Chevy SB 350 measures 2.1" ( 53.34 mm ) with the bearing in place and
about 56.6 mm without bearing, this is to big and this rod can not be used.

This way it is possible to use the Chevy SB 327 rods without regrinding the
1UZFE crankshaft.

Interesting find. I wasnot aware of the measurement with or without bearings. i wonder if we can use 5.7 rods with 2.1" with undersize bearing.

Interesting find. I wasnot aware of the measurement with or without bearings. i wonder if we can use 5.7 rods with 2.1" with undersize bearing.
I don't think it is worth your bother, offest griding the crank is not expensive, about $400 USD if you can't afford this you shouldn't be rebuilding preformance engines. Somebody must have the comp height of these pistons! Come on you guys.

Cheers Greg

Here is a custom forged 2uzfe piston with chevy 327 rod. We did all the testing for the 5.7 with 2.10 BE and it will not work. The stock 2uzfe crank diameter is 2.046" and no undersize bearing would work from the 2.10" BE. The only thing it would work is the 327 rod with 2.00" BE. Minor modification would work.
attachment.php

bringing back a dead thread...
I know nothing about 1uzfe engines but want to. I've been looking around at ways to use better rods and avoid custom pistons. A couple of questions...
I've been looking at Ford modular rods....5.95" combined with ford/mazda duratec pistons. If my info is correct: block deck height 8.71", bore 3.44", stroke 3.25" this piston and rod combo should work, the pin heigth on the duratec piston is 1.122" The only drawback is the piston pin diameter, the ford rod is.866" and the duratec piston is .827". Is this something that can be bushed down to the correct size on the rod?

Since this was brought back up I figured I'd point out that rods have become available off the shelf for our engines since this thread was first made in 2005.

Pauter X-Beam $1584: http://www.importperformanceparts.net/imports/toyota-rods.html

These are generally regarded as some of the strongest rods out there. And the great thing about Pauter is that they love you. Want a custom set of rods machined to your dimensions? Just call them, and they will do so at no additional cost.

Eagle H-Beam $523: http://www.importperformanceparts.net/imports/eaglehrods_toyota.html

General consensus puts these at 130-150whp each which is 1040-1200whp in our cars. Only valid complaint that I've seen of these is that while they can handle boost, rpm is not their forte. So keep it under 8000-8500rpm folks.

Also available Ross Pistons $720: http://www.importperformanceparts.net/imports/rosspistons-toyc326.html

The above site isn't the only place to get these obviously, but were the cheapest I've found so far.

Nice shopping list. Great to see the parts prices coming down. Machining and assembly can still be a bit of a killer but shouldn't be worse than other V8s out there.