check it out, drag celica, 1uz powered

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

WDoherty

Just found this on a classic celica forum. This is an RA29 body style like mine and was checking out what some people had done with the car. Low and behold it was a total suprise it had a 1uz under the hood and i think tt at that. Just by the launch, that thing looks fast, maybe one of the quickest 1st gen celica's out there, but who knows. Lots of interesting goodies on it. Are those coil on plug ignition coils, that plenum looks hot too. I think i see nos too, this dude's crazy.

MaxPower said:
An old thread with the zoom article...
http://lextreme.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1174&highlight=zoom+celica

The dyno graph shows it has one of the most usable power bands i have seen from a turbo'd engine- its more like a PD blown engine.
...maybe because its not a gutless 4 cylinder with a turbo duct taped on and is actually somewhat respectable without boost to begin with?

or i could be wrong :slaphappy

oeewwwwww, you mofo. And your calling me a yank and i live in the desert in SW Texas close to Mexico, plus my dad is British, i'm insulted. And i thought you Aussies were the nicest people in the world. you know i'm playing, but what's the difference between them besides the bumbers?

Haha...
Yeah, nothing besides the bumpers, but they really did ruin the look of the car.
But you guys got other bonuses, like the 2.2/2.4L (cant remeber which) and a nicer interior on the GTs (we never got GTs in Aus).

Im actually in North America ATM... ive been in Canada for 6 months and am spending a while touring the US living in a van.
Im amazed at how few RAxx's ive seen. So far ive only seen one RA29 on the road!
There are a lot more on the roads in Aus.