Celsior/LS400 Exhaust Idea

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Yes you can smell a type of sulphur rotten egg smell from the cats.

On the other car when I pulled the cat off the smell went away.

Are you sensitive to smell? How can you smell it when you are driving? The tailpipes are out the back, I just feel bad for the fellows behind you with the windows down:scared:

jibby said:
Now that is an exhaust setup from engine to bumper, very nice.....Wow that is going to flow..... How does it feel after you did that? Headers, straight thru's that must shake the neighborhood, is it loud or what?
I cannot drive with it yet, because it is a summmer car and we have snow now
( I have only summer tires for my LS)

But the exhaust sound it really really nice. Idle quite gently and still telling I'm here with power. Also when pressing gas pedal hard It answers with extremely nice powerful low tone noise. Not loud.... just telling a litlle bit that here is very powerful car :veryhappy

jibby said:
Are you sensitive to smell? How can you smell it when you are driving? The tailpipes are out the back, I just feel bad for the fellows behind you with the windows down:scared:
Not sensitive to smell but remember on the celisor the cats are bolted to the end of the headers and sit directly under the driver and passenger foot wells so u can smell them burnng easily. Cats runs at very hot temperatures to work properly and sometime I recon u can feel the heat coming through the flow on a long drive in slow traffic.

I was thinking of removing the stock cats and then putting in 1 high flow one on the Y straight section so its away from the front seats.

ismo67 said:
I cannot drive with it yet, because it is a summmer car and we have snow now
( I have only summer tires for my LS)

But the exhaust sound it really really nice. Idle quite gently and still telling I'm here with power. Also when pressing gas pedal hard It answers with extremely nice powerful low tone noise. Not loud.... just telling a litlle bit that here is very powerful car :veryhappy
Are you able to record the car at idle and revving?

I am thinking the same system as you maybe use only 1 highflow cat in the centre section

INASNT said:
Are you able to record the car at idle and revving?

I am thinking the same system as you maybe use only 1 highflow cat in the centre section
Yes, I can do it. I do not have very good equipment to do that but lets see what kind of sound material I can do.

Gday guys,

I had s system done on my 91 LS400 by streamline exhausts in november last year!

The headers were all luned length to 24inches long per pipe to the collector through 2.25in stainless internal Metcat cats then to X pipe then the resonators & mufflers!

It has a bit more noticeable torque & up high in the revs it sound quite good with a slight rumble at idle!

Ive got a video but its 550kb which is to big for this forum so i can emailit to anyone that wants have a loos & listen!

[email protected]

INASNT,
I have a MK3 Supra w/1UZ Conversion. Headers standard, about 3 inch into y pipe, then i think 3.5" to rear.
2 Resonators before y pipe, 1 after, and muffler after that. It sounds great when reved, a nice bark to it, but has the unfortunate side affect of droning when cruising.
That is easily cured with a kick to the loud pedal tho :D