Cam work

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Toasted Coastie

Well hello all. I am new here, and have a few questions.

First, the facts. I have a 2000 tundra (2uzfe) I want to know about cams.

First, when getting a "grind" on the cams, how do you know how far you can go before having to change everything else in the head?

Second, how hard is it to re-install said cams once they have been done? Do they need to be timed when re-installing?

Third, is the stock ecu going to be able to handle the said grind? I do have unichip, and I can retune.

Forth, does any one happen to hace any spare cams kickin around?

Thanks for the time people.

Cheers!

As to what the answers are depends on the way you grind your cams.

If you simply grind the existing cam you will need longer valves.

If you build up (hard weld) and grind your cams you will only need to re-shim (reset the lash).

If you use new cams they will last longer and only require re-setting.

To answer your questons in order:

1. You can go to a full race cam without making any other changes. Problem is you won't get the full benefit.

2. Re-timing will be required but the instructions are here on lextreme or look up Planet Soarer. It isn't hard but must be done right, including the tightening sequence and torqu setting on the cam bearing caps.

3. The stock ECU will learn the changes but may take a few days.

4. Spare cams are a bit hard to come ny. Suggest you post a WTB add in the approriate section.

You can go to a full race cam without making any other changes. Problem is you won't get the full benefit.
What is the lift of the 'full race cam'
If its over about 9.5mm, a shim under bucket conversion is necessary, which doubles the cost of cams.

Tighe's can now gring new cams as they purchase the same blanks as Kellfords.

No idea on price yet.

Suggest you speak with them.

Zuffen said:
Tighe's can now gring new cams as they purchase the same blanks as Kellfords.

No idea on price yet.

Suggest you speak with them.

Hi Zuffen,
Sounds like Australia needs a new spell checker selected in their word processors/dictionary ie: New Zealand English lol.
Kelfords is spelt with only one L . In New Zilland we don't add extra letters to the queens english.

Plus Tighe's will speak the Queens English and not New Zilland English

Not to mention Pavolva (i said don't mention Pavolva or Bledisloe cup) hehehe

I guess the ultimate is when Tighe's have to buy their blanks from the Kiwis, nothing like a bit of CER. Mind you if this Foot and mouth hoax is real, i guess there will be a lot more unemployed kiwis coming across the pond. Just what Australia needs ???? (All in good fun)

Best Regards
Lambo

Cams

Any NZ produced camshafts we sell to Australia do not incurr any duty at all. and the freight is a very minimal expense. In fact there might even be a freight free option in some cases.
won't be long before a Kiwi wins your supercar championship aye mate.

268RW HP ATMO ( in an Auto)
I am running new inlet and exhaust Cams form Tighe Cams in Australia.
I have a stock motor wolf 3D stock intake manifold ( pod filter) extractors that really arn't that nice. and i put down 268RWHP last week i will post a before and after Dyno sheets soon. that is off a Dyno Dynamics Dyno.
The last run i had before the crown motor with cams went in was 200RWHP
we are talking about 30% increase in power and no decernable drop in driverbility.
It is amazing this thing is now sharper on the throttle and revs effortlessley. It needs about 150 rpm extra to idle but i have not had much time to work on that.
And if you want your car to sound like a real V8 there is only one way Cams nothing sounds like Overlap.
I am running standard cam gears all round and the timing is perfect, Luke from Tighe cams designed the profiles and the lobe Centres he knows how i drive and what i wanted to acchieve out of the car. and has delivered exactley what he promiseed.
The cams have nearly the same power under 3500 and after that the thing is a rocket.
it makes peak around 6000rpm so i don;t have to spin he motor anywhere near it's limits. i have put springs in for a bit of security

best money you can spend with your pants on.
Give them a call.

the zed has run a 13.7 before the cams.
I am quietley confident that it is capable of 12's now i have a bit of work to do to get the rest of the car to stand up to the horse power. but i will keep you all informed.

( i have posteed this in modifications under billet cams) this is big news i had to make sure every one will find it.

does any one know of a more powerfull ATMO streeted 1UZ ??

400ZED,

Could you PM me when you are going to the drags (Willowbank?)next. I would like to talk to you about your mods and hear want the motor sounds like. As I am building an ICV I have to meet ADR rules as far as mods are to the motor.

Warren