Does the 1st gen 1uzfe have 2 cam sensors?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

xspsi6

I still can't find the answer to this :( And the reason I ask is because when I go to order one it gives the option of left and right however I thought it was just one on the left bank? Please correct me if I am wrong .

Thanks

Bummer:( so how do I diagnose which one is throwing the code for a cam sensor?

I am about to do my t-belt and wanted to fix it but that adds some more cost.

My sensor only throws a code (97 sc400) at idle or cold start but I can drive hundreds of miles without it coming back so is there something I am over looking here that could potentially cause this?

I searched google to no avl.

What is the code it is throwing? As I have seen #1 and #2 cam sensor codes when they have failed. This is on OBD1 non VVti engines as we didnt get a OBD2 spec non VVti car over here.

Code p0340 which just says cam sensor but now that could be one of 2 sensors ?
Sometimes the car will break up in the higher rpm range but few and far between and car has a fresh tune up on it as well.

I would unplug each cam sensor and check what code is thrown. Hopefully each one will throw a different code. Car should start and run with one Cam sensor unpluged.

Ok I checked the right side sensor and unhooked it and car would not start so now I am confused as it ran when I unhooked the left one and no codes were thrown.

So it must rely on the right side sensor for the main cam sensor value?
So primary is right side and secondary is the left?

Also I checked the connections and cleaned them as well.

It makes complete sense to me.

I just double checked on my truck.

Unpluged LH sensor with RH pluged in - engine started - Check light on.
Unpluged LH and RH sensor - engine didnt start - no surprise there.
Unpluged RH sensor with LH pluged in - Engine started - Check light on.

With this test it shows both of my cam sensors are working. You should be able to work out your issue from there. Cheers

It makes complete sense to me.

I just double checked on my truck.

Unpluged LH sensor with RH pluged in - engine started - Check light on.
Unpluged LH and RH sensor - engine didnt start - no surprise there.
Unpluged RH sensor with LH pluged in - Engine started - Check light on.

With this test it shows both of my cam sensors are working. You should be able to work out your issue from there. Cheers

Got it my right sensor is no good:) Thanks a bunch for the help!!

Are you sure? It only needs one sensor to run. If you have one that has failed then by unpluging the good one the engine wont run. Unpluging the dud one the engine will still run.

Yea we are on the same page then and I am thinking the driver side is bad as when it is unplugged it does nothing but unplug the passenger side (right) then no start which is the good one yet.

I said my right hand side sensor was most likely bad without really thinking about it in my previous post which I was tired:)

Ok update...
I got off my lazy butt and did the timing belt,seals,water pump as well as changed both cam sensors with oem and it runs like as if it were brand new!!