Bmw E36 1uz?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

viking325i

Hi,

I'm seriously considering doing this sort of swap, but what I'm curious is how far can you push the 1UZ with a supercharger before you have to open it up for new internals?

I know Bullet have done a S/C E36 1UZ swap so atleast it fits but what realistic goals can I get out of this for power?

In an ideal world keeping up or being faster than a current gen HSV would be nice ;) (however I'll probably have to widebody the car to fit decent rubber since I can probably only get at most 265's on the back or there abouts without a widebody kit).

Does the 1UZ sound like the right engine, or should I be looking at a 1JZ instead?

Pros & Cons to auto vs manual? (apart from fabrication I wont have to do if its a auto)

Only thing that worries me with the auto is if it kicks down at the wrong time in a corner I'm going to go into a nice spin, or is that easy to drive around?

I think it is a great idea.

I'd use the MkIV Supra's 6 speed V160 to bolt to the 1UZ...IIRC it bolts right up. However you might need a custom driveshaft.

The 1UZ has the strongest internals of any engine ever made pretty much. Its as strong/stronger than the 2JZ even...I've heard of 1000+HP on stock bottom end. If you browse this site, you'll find how beefy they made the stock internals for whatever reason.

Lextremly, the site owner, has run 20psi+ stock block, but reliably my guess is around 12-13psi with stock most everything. You may need fuel mods however

Good luck!!

That sounds quite appealing, any idea what 12-13psi would be @ the wheels?

Edit - Does anyone know contact details for people who have done the swap? I know some exist in Aussie already :)

I'm not too sure myself as I am very new to the 1UZ and joined just recently. My plans are for a 1UZ MkIII Supra, so I'm looking into specifics about the engine and how it would fit while saving up for it before I go out and randomly buy an engine.

As Lextremly has so helpfully put all of his information of the Lexus V8 on this site, he has assisted very much so already by showing articles and tear downs from his own experience and people's contributions from all over the world, the biggest intrests in Australia and New Zealand rather than the U.S., which is cool.

I've seen everything from MkIII and MkIV Supras with them, to RX7 ~93-98 FDs, to F40 complete replicas with--instead of an impossibly expencive and hard to reach Ferrari 4.0 V8 twin turbo--a Lexus V8 twin turbo, with as much if not MORE power than the Ferrari engine!

Anyways, good luck man!!

Viking325i I think you should definately do it, an e36 with a blown 1UZ is a dream car for me. The e36 is one of the best handling bmws, the 1UZ would make it an awsome rig and like you mentioned it does fit. My e21/1UZ has been a great conversion, I have smoked heaps of expensive cars and it turns a lot of heads when they hear it coming.
Regards
Matt.

Do you think a blown 1UZ would hold its own against say a HSV Clubsport? (Current generation). I'd probably have weight on my side ;)

If the 1UZ really is that solid stock, does anyone know what sort of power I could get and how reliable it would be @20psi with a TS supercharger? Saying that I'd do the gasket & head studs for a bit of insurance ;)

the V160 from the twin turbo supras does not bolt up. the motors are very strong. in my oppinion, I agree with Orion as to being stronger then the 2JZ motors. the bad side is that there is not nearly as big of an aftermarket following, but I think that that will change in the near future. My vote is Yes put the 1UZ in your E36, or the other option as a local guy near me did was a Z8 V8 in to an E36 chassis. (that car is pretty nice).