blower

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

toyotav8boat

how much FI will a standard 1uz/3uz bottom end handle ie (psi)?

which blower would be best suited to fit (i heard that the ecotec v6(buick) blower is sufficient) ?

The bottom end isn't the restictor. The top end has been known to accept over 20psi and usually the head bolts stretch and blow the gaskets.

Don't worry too much about the bottom end unless chasing over 500-600HP.

The Eaton M90 will give around 9lb max (and 350FWHP) and the Eaton M112 around 13-15lb, which could see you around 550FWHP.

The M112 can be had with intercooler complete for US$1,000-1,400 depending on age. If buying a Ford item avoid anything prior to 2001 as they had a fault in the intercooler matrix that was subject to a Ford recall but you won't know without checking if it's been replaced.

There are numerous other makes but Eaton appear the most readilly available and reasonably priced.

Check out eBay under supercharger.

after about 450 hp

Where can i get manifold for the blower?
Im also after air water intercooler to suit blower m112and some marine gear to suit the engine
Ive been told the haltech E11 is the ecm to use
Any tips on marinising very much welcomed

You might have to have a manifold built if you want to use a water to air style intercooler, you might try getting one off a ford lightning or 03-04 cobra. I have done quite a bit of work on a lightning and can say that the aftercoolers used on those are quite large and have even considered one for my LS4 project but I have to worry about fitting it all under the hood and it would be quite difficult since the aftercooler sits down inside of the intake manifold plenum and is atleast 4.5" tall if I remember correctly, so you can see in a car application you can easily run out of room with that setup.

As far as a stand alone ecm goes I would stay away from haltech, their customer service in the US leaves much to be desired, many of the people I know that were haltech vendors now stay away from the product because of their lack of proper customer service in the US. I'd reccomend either Autronic or even Performance Electronics. I'm not sure of the website for autronic, however I do know PE's, its www.pe-ltd.com, In my opinion they are a very good company, infact, we use it on our Formula SAE race car that revs to 14,500 rpm and is extremely quick to change rpm, and it will easily keep up with the motor and is relatively easy to tune.

As far as cams go I would just leave the stock ones in there unless you can find someone that specifically makes blower cams for it. The stock cams you have are very low overlap which will make for good forced induction cams. I would stay away from naturally aspirated cams due to the fact that a high overlap cam will just force whatever boost you make right out through the exhaust and reduce the amount of power you can make, and kill gas mileage.

V8Boat,

I'm currnetly working on a Lightning supercharger install on my 1UZ.

There are a few minor problems but it looks quite "do-able".

The main problem is you need to re-locate the starter out of the valley to another position as the aftercooler sits in the V of the valley. I would think on a boat this wouldn't be too hard. Mine is mounted between the legs of the sump so operatets on teh bottom of the ring gear instead of the top. The starter hangs about 60mm below the oil pan. You may also need to re-locate the knock sensors and the water pipe that live under the manifold as well. You can see a photo of my starter in the 4x4 section.

The Lightning takes air in the top of the blower (actually an MP112) and the Cobra from the same side as the 1UZ and it enters the rear of the blower (an MP112).

I think the M/MP112 is superior to the M90.

Cobra and Lightning units are available on eBay and if you shop carefully you can get brand new units complete with injectors and wiring looms.

I hope to be able to report some progress within a couple of weeks as to whether the fitting of the Ford bits is practical.

Joel (jordysskiboat) on this Site was making manifolds but without inter/aftercooling.

i been asking around and been told that HKS superchargers are making a kit for the 1uz cant confirm its true ive emailed them

also found that forced air technologies in melbourne do make a manifold to suit m112 &m90 for the 1uz

As far as I know, HKS doesnt have a kit for the 1UZ. There are experiental kits, but nothing in production. Zuffen is the person to talk about the M112.

1uz vvti

are the exhaust manifolds the same between 1uz and 1uz vvti?
i have been told that there has been no change between the two models
can anyone confirm this?

quadcam boat said:

quadcam, I haven't seen any conclusive proof one way or another. The post mentions does not give this proof. A change in gasket part number could be for other reasons than fitment and does not mean that the manifolds will not bolt on. If anyone has actually tried this I would like to know.

The 2UZFE manifold looks just like the VVti version 1UZFE but does not have the ACIS butterflies (Acoustic Control Induction System). These are the 8 internal butterfly valves that change the effective runner length above 4700rpm on the VVti engines. These are located in the top half of the intake and since the upper manifold would not be used for a supercharger installation this manifold (if it fits) would make an excellent SC base.

JBrady. I too would love to know for certain!!!!
Only the 1uzfe has different gaskets. The 1uzfe vvti, 2 and 3uzfe have the same gasket part no.
I have no hard evidence on weather inlet manifolds are interchangable, , but the ports look different shape in photos I have seen of the newer heads, compared to my 1uzfe heads.
Yep,, the lower inlet section of the newer style of inlet manifold looks like it would make an ideal start for a supercharger setup like these ones. http://www.allenengine.com/
I don't think there is anything available off the shelf for the newer style heads though - exerything would have to be fabricated or modified. Thats fun bit though!!!

blower manifold

gday just thought id let u know i was looking at nice manifold 2day on www.forcedairtech.com.au & i guess being in boat u wouldn't have to worry about height so u could run a heat exchanger under the blower if u wanted to.

didnt you mean inter cooler under blower???

anyway forced air dont make a manifold for the vvti, i am making my own
the vvti manifold seems to be easier to mount the blower on than the early 1uz
thanks
peter

Back