Big Electrical porblem, need help, 1994 LS400

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

ModedLS

hey guys. i have a 1994 ls400, 132000 miles. this problem just started to occur, so i dont know if it is major or minor. when i am driving my stereo/radar detector/elecrical system shorts out for less than a second then come right back on. i talked to my friend in the service department at my local dealership, he said just to check the battery connction, and to see if the steering pump was leaking on the alternator. if you guys have any advice, id appreciate it. thanks, alex.

My (non Toyota/Lexus) does this occasionally as well. At the same time the charge light comes on.

I suspect it's a fault in the Lucas (Prince of Darkness) ignition wiring of the original vehicle.

I plan on bypassing the whole Lucas system temporarily to see if I can isolate the problem.

Onece I know where the problem is I can fix it.

ahhh. the ghosts!

Funny, I had a similar problem and started a post on cl about this a number of years ago.

Bottom line for my SC 300, 93 5spd was a new battery AND new ground cables.

Made a huge difference.

Peter

It's the ground Cables from the negative side of the battery. My 1993 Sc400 would do the same thing. This is now a well known problem. You can either replace your ground cables or clean them with a wire brush or a dremmel tool. make sure you get the one on the motor as well.