Better acceleration in 2nd than 1st gear

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Is the ECU setted to give a smoother acceleration in 1st gear? I don't know why but my car pulls better in 2nd gear than 1st gear, I stick a lot more in the seat.

Is there something that makes the engine less performing in 1st gear ? My friend today was sitting in the car with me and agreed that the car pulled better in 2nd gear than in 1st gear

( I mean, the 2nd gear pulls better in the power band range, not from 0-120km/h)

T/C was off, A/C was off, Trans setted to power or normal won't change a thing.

UZZ30-Québec said:
Trans setted to power or normal won't change a thing.
??

I've got a 1uz (conversion job) and the power button makes a HUGE difference to performance, changes gear's from first to second around 6500rmp

It's normal for the SC or LS. The reason is the torque converter. Second has higher torque than the first one because of higher RPM. However, if you change to a Dragon torque converter or modify the stock one with higher speed stall, you'll see the first gear spin the rear with a lot more power.

UZZ30-Québec said:
Is the ECU setted to give a smoother acceleration in 1st gear? I don't know why but my car pulls better in 2nd gear than 1st gear, I stick a lot more in the seat.

Is there something that makes the engine less performing in 1st gear ? My friend today was sitting in the car with me and agreed that the car pulled better in 2nd gear than in 1st gear

( I mean, the 2nd gear pulls better in the power band range, not from 0-120km/h)

T/C was off, A/C was off, Trans setted to power or normal won't change a thing.

The torque converter like Steve said is your problem in first gear and I think it is the biggest problem with these SC cars...These Lexus torque converters were designed at stock that way to accomidate the older folk drivers so they won't spill their coffee and have a heart attack while accelerating off the line... However, with your stock torque converter your higher rpms will have more pull then with a good stall rate TC where low end is king..... There is a give and take when upgrading your torque converters... More take then give though........

Example: My SC400 with the dragon torque converter jumps off the line, all the power is at the low rpm range..Tap the gas and your head jerks back from a dead start.. With the stock torque converter you pratically need to get out of the car and push to get it going from a dead stop....Most disturbing with a V8 motor in a sports coupe...

ok, but when the A/C is on, this is kinda annoying, braking is harder because the idle is higher, but my brakes are tired so i doesn't help too. that's the only negative point i found yet this, and the fact that there's no anti-shock memory for the cd player.

True, but your CD changer at stock should not skip...Yours maybe flawed...

For improved braking get drilled and slotted brake rotors and good quality brake pads and you will notice improved braking... Ebay sells the rotors for like $130 or something...

Even with an upgraded torque converter and running Nos my second gear has always been my strongest gear....1st gear is rediculous with the torque converter and nos, and traction is compromised....Even at N/A with no nos the second gear still pulls the strongest....Example - Racing a a modified 5.0 mustang last week I was able to pull out in front byu half a cars length in second gear then lost it in third gear...Third gear let's off even with the exhaust mods, nos, and Piggy ECU that I have......That's just lexus gearing for you I guess...