belt probs

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

hiluxmad

the tensioner pulley seems to go the wrong way? im running a crown engine no ac no pwr steer. it doesnt have any movement in the direction it needs to tension the belt. make any sense? any sugestions? doesnt seem to run in any other way

Is your alternator in the standard position or the "Hilux position" that is where the air con went originally?

If the alternator has moved the tensioner won't work.

You will need to tension the belt by moving the alternator in or out like we all did in the old days before tensioners.

hiluxmad,
this may be a dumb question, but you are running the belt from the crank up to the tensioner and then over to the p/s alternator combo aye? (mine tensions fine and I don't have an alternator on the LHS (from front)).

I do recall in one of my 'blonde' moments trying to route the belt from the crank straight to the p/s alt and then round the tensioner up to the top central idler, could this be your problem?? (I couldn't find any good pics so see my 'mspaint classic' belt layout pic attached (obviously not to scale))

Muzz

Muzz,

He doesn't run air or p/s.

From what I can see the belt goes from the crank up to the top idler and down to the alternator (if on the left) around the idler and down to the crank.

If he had the alternator in the normal spot the belt would run like your drawing but not pass over the p/s pump.

I think I can follow it.

The belt runs from the crank to the top idler. The belt should run on the left hand side of the waterpump pulley so the smoothe side of the belt is in contact with the pulley. From the top idler it goes down to the alternator then around the tensioner (clockwise smoothe side to pulley) to the crank.

The belt should clear the tensioner on the run from the top idler to the alternator.

Try and use the shortest belt you can get that fits.

yeah tried that but even with the tens pulled right down the belt between the top idler and alt wont clear tensioner. ive moved the alt to other side now anyway just hope i can get a belt the right size. thanks for all your help